The Student Room Group

Kira's Yr13 GYG Blog

I'll get straight to the point - my nickname is Kira (from the title) and in my final year of Sixth Form. I'm an overall lazy and chill person but take pride in my academics. (Hopefully 🤞) I'll be one of the first people in my family to go university, something which my parents never had the chance to do. My goal for year 13 is to not stress myself out too much and get into one of my top 3 uni choices :smile:

My GCSE Subjects + Results

Spoiler

A Level Subjects + My predicted/own target grades

Spoiler

What I want to do at university + future plans

Spoiler

Universities I'm applying for

Spoiler

How the first half term of school went

As soon as we started school we got our exam timetable for our mocks. Luckily there were no maths mock so I only had to prepare for chemistry and biology. I started studying steadily making sure I at least did 3 hours of school work once I got home from school (usually 4pm-6pm then 8pm-9pm). The week before and during mocks I would say I did go a bit overboard putting it up to 5 hours nearly 6 a day. So once mocks were over I had to take at least a week and half off studying to recover 😵. In September I studied for a total of 91 hours while in October I've only done around 20 ish so far (I have been forgetting to record though).

Maths:
We had quite a few maths papers though they were only chapter tests. I made sure I at least started preparing a week beforehand for them tho I didn't really need to. Most of the content I remembered from exercises in class so all I needed to do was some exam questions. I absolutely hate trigonometry right now I just can't remember the addition formulae or whatever :colonhash:. But overall it has been pretty chill not too hard that I've been losing sleep over it or something. I've been averaging above 90% in my tests so hopefully it stays that way

Chemistry:
I like the A2 content we've been doing, even tho its a bit harder than last year its more interesting as its not stuff we already know. I made sure I did good in the chemistry mocks as it was tested on AS content we did already. We're way behind though due to having a supply/disruptions to lessons so apparently we're going to have to do the lessons faster when we come back.

Comparison of mock results

Spoiler

Biology:
I don't even know what going on in biology anymore. We've had test after test and loads of essays as well. They say doing essays is good practice for the exams but the most we have is 9 markers? So idk what they're on about acting as if we have 25 markers. The content is way harder and not to mention the mark scheme changing every paper 😭. I did somewhat the same in these mocks as well - from 70% to 73% even though I revised for the longest.... No words for this subject I don't want to associate with it after year 13

Spoiler

UCAS and other stuff:
I'm basically done with my personal statement (yay...) I only have to add in a few more sentences and that's it. It's a good thing I started writing before so I don't have to worry much about it now. I'll send it off in around 2 weeks so I can do any interviews I might get now before the next set of mocks.

Nothing much from the first half term of school, just a more intensified year 12. I'll try to update this whenever I can though it's not one of my main priorities
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
Peak she never kept going with it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending