2 Big bang theory

3 The Inbetweeners
1. The Office
2. Modern Family
3. Blackish
King Of Queens
The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
Scrubs

I would not count Scrubs as pure sitcom, there are many serious elements in the show.
Original post by NaBaCe
Mine

1 Friends

2 Big bang theory

3 The Inbetweeners

1. Peep Show
2. Friday Night Dinner
3. Inbetweeners
Original post by NaBaCe
Mine

1 Friends

2 Big bang theory

3 The Inbetweeners

Friends, of course! one of the most popular sitcom must not missed. I expected it here.
Two and a Half Men
Malcom in the Middle
That 70s Show
Friends
Seinfeld
Original post by MrTomBrady
Two and a Half Men
Malcom in the Middle
That 70s Show
Friends
Seinfeld

Is this really a sitcom? the TV series had funny, but also pretty serious elements, the last seasons in particular.
Here's my list!

1) Friends
2) Modern Family
3) That 70s Show
1. The Office
2. The Office
3. The Office
1) Dinnerladies
2) Keeping up appearances
3) My hero
See a lot of people going for Friends here.

The only thing I ever liked about it was the slapstick and physical comedy element that only David Schwimmer did well. The tanning thing, the Channukah Armadillo, the sofa on the stairs joke - I really liked the bit where he steals loads of stuff from a hotel room. Joey and Phoebe were whatever, just a pair of dimwits - and Chandler, Rachel and Monica were frankly the most awful and irritating people you could imagine.

I also think Friends has aged really, really badly. A lot of the jokes are considered at the very least "no longer funny" by todays standards, and inappropriate / offensive by most objective measures. Yet I think because of the typical showbiz / media cabal, it seems to have longievity that would have seen most other programmes getting axed (as in no longer shown) by now. There are a very large number of jokes which are basically "that's a homosexual trait" or "you're fat" in contexts where the thrust of the programme isn't about gay people or fat people. If you're going to make gay jokes on Will & Grace - well, that's the point of the programme. Friends isn't about gay people.
(edited 2 years ago)
The comedies I liked were:

My Family - the pettiness and spitefulness of them was great.
Outnumbered - but only when Karen was little.
Always Sunny in Philadelphia - basically live action South Park.
1) Allo Allo,
2) Friends,
3) Saved by the Bell.

Quick Reply

Latest