The Student Room Group

Computer Science OCR A Level Help

Hello I am in Year 12 studying OCR A Level computer science. In lessons we cover PG Online powerpoints and complete the worksheets however these powerpoints alone are not sufficient enough for my notes so I always add to them by watching all the Craig n Dave Videos on the topic, the PG online textbook and Issac Computing. These three resources have much more additional information therefore taking me hours to write notes (I do not mind spending hours doing work i'm just not sure whether this is normal) on a single topic sometimes but the information is relevant and not repeated which is why I do this from these three resources as I am not sure whether certain things are relevant or not (such as certain examples). Is this excessive as it feels like I am spending too long just on notes to the point where I am not having much time at all to revise properly, so could you let me know whether this is normal at this point in time or any changes I need to make? I am aiming for an A* so any help would be greatly appreciated
Hi!! I think doing the extra work is probably a good idea - especially if it makes you feel more secure (I definitely wish I had!) but if you don't do it for every topic don't stress - notes for computing are like notes for maths: practise questions are the best way to revise. I usually just use the PG textbook and past papers and I'm predicted an A* :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by proudk
Hello I am in Year 12 studying OCR A Level computer science. In lessons we cover PG Online powerpoints and complete the worksheets however these powerpoints alone are not sufficient enough for my notes so I always add to them by watching all the Craig n Dave Videos on the topic, the PG online textbook and Issac Computing. These three resources have much more additional information therefore taking me hours to write notes (I do not mind spending hours doing work i'm just not sure whether this is normal) on a single topic sometimes but the information is relevant and not repeated which is why I do this from these three resources as I am not sure whether certain things are relevant or not (such as certain examples). Is this excessive as it feels like I am spending too long just on notes to the point where I am not having much time at all to revise properly, so could you let me know whether this is normal at this point in time or any changes I need to make? I am aiming for an A* so any help would be greatly appreciated

Which book are you using for the course? They don't all cover the course fully and I found I was worried I might miss some important topics. This book covers the spec completely "Computer Science OCR A level H446 Specification" by Priscilla Huby. It's on amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1527298221
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
Hi,

Can you pls. provide info on resources for practice questions?
Reply 4
Original post by lissishannyn
Hi!! I think doing the extra work is probably a good idea - especially if it makes you feel more secure (I definitely wish I had!) but if you don't do it for every topic don't stress - notes for computing are like notes for maths: practise questions are the best way to revise. I usually just use the PG textbook and past papers and I'm predicted an A* :smile:

Hi,

Can you pls. provide some help on practice questions resources?
Where can get more practice questions and its answers if possible?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending