The Student Room Group

Using PyQt5 Designer for OCR A Level Computer Science project

I'm currently working on my OCR A Level Computer Science project and am considering using PyQt5 Designer for GUI development. I wanted to check if anyone has insights or information about whether it's allowed within the OCR A Level Computer Science guidelines.

I find PyQt5 Designer to be a user-friendly tool for creating graphical interfaces, and it would greatly enhance the visual aspect of my project. However, I want to make sure that I'm in line with OCR's regulations and guidelines.

If anyone has experience or knowledge regarding the use of PyQt5 Designer in OCR A Level projects, I would appreciate your input. Are there any specific restrictions or considerations I should be aware of? And if PyQt5 Designer isn't recommended, are there alternative tools or frameworks that you would suggest for GUI development in the context of the OCR curriculum?
Reply 1
Original post by maxusha
I'm currently working on my OCR A Level Computer Science project and am considering using PyQt5 Designer for GUI development. I wanted to check if anyone has insights or information about whether it's allowed within the OCR A Level Computer Science guidelines.

I find PyQt5 Designer to be a user-friendly tool for creating graphical interfaces, and it would greatly enhance the visual aspect of my project. However, I want to make sure that I'm in line with OCR's regulations and guidelines.

If anyone has experience or knowledge regarding the use of PyQt5 Designer in OCR A Level projects, I would appreciate your input. Are there any specific restrictions or considerations I should be aware of? And if PyQt5 Designer isn't recommended, are there alternative tools or frameworks that you would suggest for GUI development in the context of the OCR curriculum?

I teach the OCR Computer Science and actively encourage my students to use PyQt5 with Qt Designer. Youre defiantly fine using it 👍

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending