The Student Room Group

Neuroscience vs Psychology and Neuroscience Bsc

I’m currently studying A level chemistry, biology & psychology and my predicted grades are AA*A*, I really love the biology aspect of the brain and I’m stuck between choosing straight neuroscience as a bsc or psychology and neuroscience as a bsc. If I did neuroscience as a bsc I plan on doing a psychology conversion masters, and if I did psychology and neuroscience as a bsc I’d like to do neuroscience as a masters. The reason for this is because I wasn’t to learn neuroscience to a broader degree because I find it very interesting, but I’m also interested in going down neuropsychologist pathway in the future. I’m not sure which degree path is better to go down in terms of job availabilities because the neuropsychologist path is just a thought, nothing is set in stone. I just know I love both psychology and neuroscience, but I prefer neuroscience. I like understanding things to their greatest potential, but I know if I wanted to be a neuropsychologist and I did neuroscience as a bsc I obviously wouldn’t be able to shoot a try at applying for clinical neuropsychology as my degree wouldn’t be BPS psychology accredited😩 I want to do something that has good career options.
I’m currently studying A level chemistry, biology & psychology and my predicted grades are AA*A*, I really love the biology aspect of the brain and I’m stuck between choosing straight neuroscience as a bsc or psychology and neuroscience as a bsc. If I did neuroscience as a bsc I plan on doing a psychology conversion masters, and if I did psychology and neuroscience as a bsc I’d like to do neuroscience as a masters. The reason for this is because I wasn’t to learn neuroscience to a broader degree because I find it very interesting, but I’m also interested in going down neuropsychologist pathway in the future. I’m not sure which degree path is better to go down in terms of job availabilities because the neuropsychologist path is just a thought, nothing is set in stone. I just know I love both psychology and neuroscience, but I prefer neuroscience. I like understanding things to their greatest potential, but I know if I wanted to be a neuropsychologist and I did neuroscience as a bsc I obviously wouldn’t be able to shoot a try at applying for clinical neuropsychology as my degree wouldn’t be BPS psychology accredited😩 I want to do something that has good career options.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Milliemaria.c

I'd probably argue the psychology and neuroscience bsc might be the better option. From what I've seen of psychology degrees they can cover a fair chunk of neuroscience anyway. I'd have a look into some more masters degrees closer to the time, you can do stuff like clinical neuroscience MSc's which may be more helpful for that career path.
Reply 3
Original post by Milliemaria.c

are you finding it hard doing bio and psych in terms of content?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending