The Student Room Group

Will a BSC In Psychology with Cognitive Neuroscience degree is accepted

Not enough space in the title* But will a Bsc in Psychology with Cognitive Neuroscience degree be accepted for a Doctorate in clinical psychology course provided it is Bps accredited?

I'm looking at a Psychology and Neuroscience degree (Joint degree) at Kings, and a Psychology with Cognitive Neuroscience degree at Leicester. Will they be okay?
Original post by LoafOfBread05
Not enough space in the title* But will a Bsc in Psychology with Cognitive Neuroscience degree be accepted for a Doctorate in clinical psychology course provided it is Bps accredited?

I'm looking at a Psychology and Neuroscience degree (Joint degree) at Kings, and a Psychology with Cognitive Neuroscience degree at Leicester. Will they be okay?

If it is BPS accredited and confers Graduate Basis for Chartered (GBC) membership, then yes.

Both of the courses you have mentioned are so accredited. (Although BPS have the course at King's listed as Neuroscience & Psychology BSc rather than the other way around, and have it listed as a single honours rather than joint honours, for some reason).

For confirmation see the entries in the BPS web site here and here respectively.
Original post by DataVenia
If it is BPS accredited and confers Graduate Basis for Chartered (GBC) membership, then yes.

Both of the courses you have mentioned are so accredited. (Although BPS have the course at King's listed as Neuroscience & Psychology BSc rather than the other way around, and have it listed as a single honours rather than joint honours, for some reason).

For confirmation see the entries in the BPS web site here and here respectively.

Thank you so much I really appreciate this!

I do prefer the modueles for King's Neuroscience and Psychology degree (Though I'm terrified of the statistics. I got a 6 in GCSE maths), I'm worried that the degree and my mediocore math skills won't lead me on to the doctorate. This has reassured me a lot, thank you.
Original post by LoafOfBread05
Thank you so much I really appreciate this!

I do prefer the modueles for King's Neuroscience and Psychology degree (Though I'm terrified of the statistics. I got a 6 in GCSE maths), I'm worried that the degree and my mediocore math skills won't lead me on to the doctorate. This has reassured me a lot, thank you.

Well, your original question was whether the undergraduate degrees would "be accepted". They will. However, saying that would "lead me on to the doctorate" is probably over-egging it somewhat, given how competitive those doctoral programmes are.

You're aware of the statistics regarding entry to a Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, I assume? For 2023 entry, there were 4,990 applicants chasing 1,166 places. That a 23% success rate. :frown:
Original post by DataVenia
Well, your original question was whether the undergraduate degrees would "be accepted". They will. However, saying that would "lead me on to the doctorate" is probably over-egging it somewhat, given how competitive those doctoral programmes are.

You're aware of the statistics regarding entry to a Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, I assume? For 2023 entry, there were 4,990 applicants chasing 1,166 places. That a 23% success rate. :frown:

Oh yes! By lead me on, I meant if it was valid and would be accepted!! I know they're competitive which is why I want to make sure I'm choosing an eligable degree. Apologies for the miscommunication

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending