The Student Room Group

UCL Theoretical Physics offer without GCSE

Hey guys, I just rejected at oxford today so I’m going to apply UCL. My most concerning point of UCL application is GCSE grades are essential requirement of all candidates. But I have only A level pre-grades, not a GCSE grade because I’m an international applicant.

So I wanna ask any person who received offer from UCL without GCSE score or any information which I can get offer at UCL as International applicant.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
Im also a international student who applied for theretical physics at ucl
Reply 2
Original post by jmao15
Im also a international student who applied for theretical physics at ucl

Without gcse??

I remember you. you and me chat at PAT room. Nice to meet you again.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Gene Y Dho
Without gcse??

I have igcse. My school is a british school in spain, therefore i have igcse and international alevels.
Reply 4
Without gcse??

I still haven't received any offer from ucl btw. Nice to meet you again bro :smile: oxford also rejected me so we are basically in the situation.
Reply 5
Original post by jmao15
I have igcse. My school is a british school in spain, therefore i have igcse and international alevels.

Great! I wish you will receive offer at UCL. Good luck!
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by jmao15
I still haven't received any offer from ucl btw. Nice to meet you again bro :smile: oxford also rejected me so we are basically in the situation.

Long time no see. How have you been?
Reply 7
Long time no see. How have you been?

Nah, still no news from ucl. However, i did received an offer(2weeks ago) for theoretical physics from uni of Manchester. I also did the physics admission test from imperial, but due to the fact that they've organised the test so badly! they decided to cancel the test result and only consider ucas information. How about you?
If you didn't have the opportunity to study/take GCSEs, it seems unreasonable that UCL would require them. Have you emailed the admissions office to ask?
Reply 9
Original post by penguingirl18
If you didn't have the opportunity to study/take GCSEs, it seems unreasonable that UCL would require them. Have you emailed the admissions office to ask?

Yeah, I sent enquiry 4 mth ago, but i finally rejected from UCL last year.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by jmao15
Nah, still no news from ucl. However, i did received an offer(2weeks ago) for theoretical physics from uni of Manchester. I also did the physics admission test from imperial, but due to the fact that they've organised the test so badly! they decided to cancel the test result and only consider ucas information. How about you?

Me too 😊 I got a offer from Math and Physics from Uni of Manchester 2 days ago.

I had a plan to apply theoretical Phy in ICL(But I applied Math with econ in LSE.), So I know ICL decide to assess with Admission test. but I didn’t know they canceled admission exam result…. How dare they?!
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 11

I had a plan to apply theoretical Phy in ICL(But I applied Math with econ in LSE.), So I know ICL decide to assess with Admission test. but I didn’t know they canceled admission exam result…. How dare they?!

"You will have received an invitation from us to complete our admissions test on the 9th February. We are aware that a number of applicants were affected by technical issues on the date of the test, that either resulted in them being unable to complete part or all of the test. We apologise if you were affected by this and any undue concern or stress that this may have caused. As a result of this, we have taken the decision and would like to confirm that the results of the online test will not be used in any manner to inform any selection decisions we take this year which will be based on a holistic assessment of individual applications solely. We have taken this approach to ensure that no applicant is unfairly or unduly penalised in the selection process as a result of the technical issues around the online test on the 9th February.

We will now proceed with our admissions process on this basis. You will not be asked to attend an interview or take another admissions test in this application cycle, and no further action is needed from you. You will receive the decision through UCAS by the end of March. If you have any queries about your application, please contact [email protected]."
This was the email they sent me
Reply 12

Congratulations!!!
Original post by jmao15
"You will have received an invitation from us to complete our admissions test on the 9th February. We are aware that a number of applicants were affected by technical issues on the date of the test, that either resulted in them being unable to complete part or all of the test. We apologise if you were affected by this and any undue concern or stress that this may have caused. As a result of this, we have taken the decision and would like to confirm that the results of the online test will not be used in any manner to inform any selection decisions we take this year which will be based on a holistic assessment of individual applications solely. We have taken this approach to ensure that no applicant is unfairly or unduly penalised in the selection process as a result of the technical issues around the online test on the 9th February.

We will now proceed with our admissions process on this basis. You will not be asked to attend an interview or take another admissions test in this application cycle, and no further action is needed from you. You will receive the decision through UCAS by the end of March. If you have any queries about your application, please contact [email protected]."
This was the email they sent me

Ohh… sounds like “we make weird somethings so we will return to the origin”…. Weird something seems like network loading due to bottleneck phenomenon by lots of data. I don’t understand why one of the best Insititute of technology in the world just make bottleneck…
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by jmao15
Congratulations!!!

Thank you.
Reply 15
Original post by jmao15

Congratulations!!!

How have you been? My recent new is I just left 1 month from pending submission of my first paper on PRD. I don’t know what I’m right. i’m so Spooky about Reviewer’s Comment right now…
I hope you already got into Univ where you want to enter.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending