The Student Room Group

Spanish IRP Help

Hi,

I'm currently structuring my IRP project for March, which I have chosen to do about Francisco Goya's influence on the Spanish world of art. For the actual presentation, I have three points on:

-Paintings in the "Las Pinturas Negras" collection, such as "El Perro"
-Representation of women between "La Maja Nuda" and "La Maja Desnuda"
-Representation of war in "The Third of May"

However for the following conversation, I'm stuck on how to structure my remaining points. Does anyone have any set structure, or relevant topics, that help on a project like this?

Hi! I did my IRP in Spanish last year so I could help with this. My topic was very different - the social impact of Che Guevara on the Cuban people due to his role in the Cuban Revolution - but some tips could still apply. To me it seems like you are trying to cover a lot. With the way you describe it maybe you need more of an underlying theme to link back all your points to- this will help you structure all your points as you have something to constantly refer back to. Do you mean his social influence? Effect on class? Spanish common folk? The art scene of his time? Europe? I think being more specific will help you structure it. My other tip is being more ruthless with your material- the IRP is very time squeezed, so even though you may really like the topic, you have to be harsh with cutting out material that doesn’t aid your hypothesis even if it’s something you like talking about, or reframe the question.
Original post by dzmyms_39
Hi! I did my IRP in Spanish last year so I could help with this. My topic was very different - the social impact of Che Guevara on the Cuban people due to his role in the Cuban Revolution - but some tips could still apply. To me it seems like you are trying to cover a lot. With the way you describe it maybe you need more of an underlying theme to link back all your points to- this will help you structure all your points as you have something to constantly refer back to. Do you mean his social influence? Effect on class? Spanish common folk? The art scene of his time? Europe? I think being more specific will help you structure it. My other tip is being more ruthless with your material- the IRP is very time squeezed, so even though you may really like the topic, you have to be harsh with cutting out material that doesn’t aid your hypothesis even if it’s something you like talking about, or reframe the question.

Hi, Im doing my IRP on Che too , whether he was a hero or villain. What tips do you have, I would appreciate any. I was told Che may be a basic topic so now I'm scared if I will get marked down.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending