The Student Room Group

AQA Spanish IRP Topic Help!!

Does anyone know if you can focus your IRP topic on South America rather than Spain - I was thinking of looking at the Chicano movement but am not sure if this is allowed
Yes you can talk about South America as long as they're a Spanish speaking country you're good- I'd recommend asking your teacher just to double check.

If you need any more help with your IRP I'd be more than happy to offer some assistance- I did my IRP on the Islamic Golden Age in Spain :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Hey is the Spanish IRP supposed to be two presentations (one on your summary and one more in depth one) or just one
Original post by Roxibox123
Hey is the Spanish IRP supposed to be two presentations (one on your summary and one more in depth one) or just one

So the initial presentation is two minutes- think of it as a brief introduction into your IRP

You'll then have ten minutes to discuss what you've researched for your IRP with your teacher who will ask you a range of questions- you can prepare for this because before you sit the exam you'll have to fill in a form for the IRP with a list of 9 topics max of things you would like to talk about.

I'll attach this exact form below so you can see exactly what I'm talking about: https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/admin/crf_pdf/AQA-MFL-A-CRF-22.PDF
Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by hyacinth77
Yes you can talk about South America as long as they're a Spanish speaking country you're good- I'd recommend asking your teacher just to double check.

If you need any more help with your IRP I'd be more than happy to offer some assistance- I did my IRP on the Islamic Golden Age in Spain :smile:

Was your source in Spanish for the Islamic golden age and how many sources did you use?
Original post by Jemimiah 23
Was your source in Spanish for the Islamic golden age and how many sources did you use?

Yes.
It was 2 years ago now but I used about 6-7 different sources.
I ended up getting an A for my IRP
(edited 2 months ago)
Yes.
How did you revise for it? :smile:
Original post by daddielonglegz
How did you revise for it? :smile:
Mainly just running it through my teachers and classmates. Also timing myself to make sure I didn't go over the limit
Yes.

What were the topics you spoke about
What were the topics you spoke about

I don't remember exactly but this what I do remember:

Las matemáticas

El arte

La quimica

La lengua

I spoke about these topics in reference to La edad de oro islámica
Sorry for the many questions 😭😭 my speaking exam is in a month.
What did you mention in the 10 minute conversation about el arte y la lengua
Reply 11
hey im just wondering what or how you cited your research?? cuz im super confused and my teacher isnt very helpful
Mainly just running it through my teachers and classmates. Also timing myself to make sure I didn't go over the limit

omg you were allowed to practice with teachers ? i think it might by our exam board that prohibits it, which exam board did you study with?
Original post by charmaine.d
omg you were allowed to practice with teachers ? i think it might by our exam board that prohibits it, which exam board did you study with?

Yeah I was allowed to do a few test runs if I remember correctly. I did AQA
Sorry for the many questions 😭😭 my speaking exam is in a month.
What did you mention in the 10 minute conversation about el arte y la lengua

sorry i'm hardly on here anymore, hence the late reply

for el arte i talked about islamic influence in art, so architecture mainly through la mezquita-catedral de cordoba. the use of geometric shapes and how it's a main feature in islamic art. the mezquita-catedral de cordoba is called as such because after the end of islamic rule in the 15th century (i think??), christian influence came in and they converted half of the original mosque into a cathedral. they really liked the orignal architecture and didn't want to completely remove it. just thought it was interesting.

for la lengua i mainly talked about arabic influence into the spanish language, a lot of words are borrowed from arabic such as azucar (sugar), aceite (oil) etc

i'll try and see if i can find the presentaiton i used but it was 2 years ago now so idk if i still have it.
hi, sorry for the late reply.

ngl my sources were a bit dubious but i used wikipedia to find sources that they used (in spanish ofc) and then when i had to submit my irp for aqa, i listed 3-4 main sources as website links. i don't remember needing to do any other citations
Reply 16
hi, sorry for the late reply.
ngl my sources were a bit dubious but i used wikipedia to find sources that they used (in spanish ofc) and then when i had to submit my irp for aqa, i listed 3-4 main sources as website links. i don't remember needing to do any other citations

oh okay so no need for special references like Harvard referencing or something just the links to the websites? also was this all included in the same word document that you sent to your teacher afterwards?
Original post by Flexi
oh okay so no need for special references like Harvard referencing or something just the links to the websites? also was this all included in the same word document that you sent to your teacher afterwards?

no harvard referencing!, you just need links for the main sources you used
and they were all included in my word doc and in the form i had to fill out for aqa
hope this helps

Quick Reply

Latest