The Student Room Group

a-level study journal˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

Hi!

Welcome to my year 13 gyg blog!

I may be a little late, but I really wanted to take part and document my revision journey : )

Here's a brief introduction with some ˗ˏˋfun facts´ˎ˗ about me:
- I study Spanish, English Language and Sociology
- I hope to go on to study modern languages
- I'm also interested in learning Chinese
- my personal target grades are A*AA

I'm going to try to update this blog everyday (hopefully) to keep myself motivated until a-levels...:eek:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
˚ · .Monday 29/01✧˚ · .
╰┈➤Hi all! Today I did a lot of revision for my sociology mock, which is going to cover 'crime and deviance' and 'families and households'. I went over my theory flashcards a few times throughout the day and revisited some mind-maps I made earlier on in the year. I also pretty much finished the final draft of one of my English coursework components which I'm quite happy about! Tomorrow, I plan to revise as much as I can for my Spanish speaking mock that is coming up soon. My priority is probably going to be memorising facts and statistics - I also use revision cards for this. Overall, it was quite a productive day! : )
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by justobserving

Hi!

Welcome to my year 13 gyg blog!

I may be a little late, but I really wanted to take part and document my revision journey : )

Here's a brief introduction with some ˗ˏˋfun facts´ˎ˗ about me:
- I study Spanish, English Language and Sociology
- I hope to go on to study modern languages
- I'm also interested in learning Chinese
- my personal target grades are A*AA

I'm going to try to update this blog everyday (hopefully) to keep myself motivated until a-levels...:eek:

heya welcome to 'grow your grades'!! i just happen to do both sociology and spanish (AQA) and i applied for linguistics :smile:! what is your favourite topic(s) out of sociology and spanish?
Reply 3
Original post by emm4nuella
heya welcome to 'grow your grades'!! i just happen to do both sociology and spanish (AQA) and i applied for linguistics :smile:! what is your favourite topic(s) out of sociology and spanish?

hiii! my favourite topic in sociology is probably crime and deviance - i find it really interesting. i do edexcel spanish but my favourite topic is definitely the Civil War and dictatorship! how about you? : )
hiii! my favourite topic in sociology is probably crime and deviance - i find it really interesting. i do edexcel spanish but my favourite topic is definitely the Civil War and dictatorship! how about you? : )

ooo i love crime and deviance too, beliefs in society also really interests me! i dont really have a favourite topic for spanish actually lol
Reply 5
Original post by emm4nuella
ooo i love crime and deviance too, beliefs in society also really interests me! i dont really have a favourite topic for spanish actually lol

oh we're actually studying beliefs in society rn, i quite like it so far! there's so much content in sociology tho, we still have a whole other topic to learn while in my other subjects we've nearly finished the course haha :,)
Reply 6
˚ · .Monday 29/01✧˚ · .
╰┈➤Hi all! Today I did a lot of revision for my sociology mock, which is going to cover 'crime and deviance' and 'families and households'. I went over my theory flashcards a few times throughout the day and revisited some mind-maps I made earlier on in the year. I also pretty much finished the final draft of one of my English coursework components which I'm quite happy about! Tomorrow, I plan to revise as much as I can for my Spanish speaking mock that is coming up soon. My priority is probably going to be memorising facts and statistics - I also use revision cards for this. Overall, it was quite a productive day! : )

Istg whenever people talk about sociology or psychology I get so intrigued! Good luck in prep for the mocks
Reply 7
Original post by study23!
Istg whenever people talk about sociology or psychology I get so intrigued! Good luck in prep for the mocks

Thank you so much! and yeah haha out of my subjects it's probably the most interesting one
Reply 8
˚ · .Tuesday 30/01✧˚ · .
╰┈➤Hello again! I hope everyone is doing well (if anyone even sees this post lol). I did my sociology paper 2 mock today, and it went surprisingly well! Although I think I focused a bit too much on revising crime and deviance since it had the most marks on the paper, so the family section may've been a bit dodgy. We'll see when I get both papers back.
That was my last written exam and I had two more hours of sociology lessons afterwards, so I took a long break when I got back from school. I went over my Spanish revision cards for theme 1 to start preparing for my next exam, which is the speaking exam. Tomorrow, I want to create two more revision cards, one on immigration and one on the Civil War. I also plan to memorise the facts and statistics for theme 2.
That's all for today! 😄
(edited 2 months ago)
˚ · .Tuesday 30/01✧˚ · .
╰┈➤Hello again! I hope everyone is doing well (if anyone even sees this post lol). I did my sociology paper 2 mock today, and it went surprisingly well! Although I think I focused a bit too much on revising crime and deviance since it had the most marks on the paper, so the family section may've been a bit dodgy. We'll see when I get both papers back.
That was my last written exam and I had two more hours of sociology lessons afterwards, so I took a long break when I got back from school. I went over my Spanish revision cards for theme 1 to start preparing for my next exam, which is the speaking exam. Tomorrow, I want to create two more revision cards, one on immigration and one on the Civil War. I also plan to memorise the facts and statistics for theme 2.
That's all for today! 😄

well done :smile:!
˚ · .Wednesday 31/01✧˚ · .
╰┈➤Helloooo! I hope everyone has had a good day so far. I'm back with another daily update. Today was a bit more of a chill day, as most of it was spent revising Spanish. I did some blurting to try and solidify my knowledge of the statistics, and even though it was my first time trying this revision technique, I think it really helped in pointing out what specific areas I should go over. I also made the two extra revision cards I mentioned in yesterday's post (I'm actually still finishing one off right now lol). In terms of my other subjects, I think I pretty much completed the second part of my English Lang coursework as well! I'm glad I've got that out of the way so I can really focus on studying for exams now. That's all from me for today! : D
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 11
˚ · .Wednesday 31/01✧˚ · .
╰┈➤Helloooo! I hope everyone has had a good day so far. I'm back with another daily update. Today was a bit more of a chill day, as most of it was spent revising Spanish. I did some blurting to try and solidify my knowledge of the statistics, and even though it was my first time trying this revision technique, I think it really helped in pointing out what specific areas I should go over. I also made the two extra revision cards I mentioned in yesterday's post (I'm actually still finishing one off right now lol). In terms of my other subjects, I think I pretty much completed the second part of my English Lang coursework as well! I'm glad I've got that out of the way so I can really focus on studying for exams now. That's all from me for today! : D

Sounds like a pretty good day! Also I loveee your formatting! Everyone is us in emoticons or fancy icons and I’m just here with my emojis 😂
Original post by study23!
Sounds like a pretty good day! Also I loveee your formatting! Everyone is us in emoticons or fancy icons and I’m just here with my emojis 😂

awww thank you :,) I've just seen your GYG thread as well - I love how organized and structured it is!
˚ · .Thursday 01/02✧˚ · .
╰┈➤Hiii, I'm here to give another report about my day lol. I got the first half of my English paper 1 mock back, and I'm pretty happy with the mark as it's much better than what I got in my last English exam. I'm not sure what grade it is yet though. I'm hoping for at least a B, but an A would be nice : ). When I got home after school, I did some Sociology homework that's due in for tomorrow but it didn't take me too long so I went over the facts and statistics for immigration as it might come up in my Spanish speaking exam. Overall, I didn't revise as much as I'd have liked to for Spanish, but I think I can catch up the revision I missed tomorrow. Hope everyone else has had a good day! 😊
(edited 2 months ago)
˚ · .Thursday 01/02✧˚ · .
╰┈➤Hiii, I'm here to give another report about my day lol. I got the first half of my English paper 1 mock back, and I'm pretty happy with the mark as it's much better than what I got in my last English exam. I'm not sure what grade it is yet though. I'm hoping for at least a B, but an A would be nice : ). When I got home after school, I did some Sociology homework that's due in for tomorrow but it didn't take me too long so I went over the facts and statistics for immigration as it might come up in my Spanish speaking exam. Overall, I didn't revise as much as I'd have liked to for Spanish, but I think I can catch up the revision I missed tomorrow. Hope everyone else has had a good day! 😊

Amazing job on ur mock
˚ · .Friday 02/02✧˚ · .
╰┈➤Hellooo hope everyone's had a good day! I'm doing a bit of an early update because I'm not planning on doing anymore schoolwork. Today I did my Spanish speaking mock... I think it went quite well but I got stuck on one question and had to skip it : / I did get back the results for the Spanish paper 1 and Sociology paper 1 mocks, and I just about managed to get an A* in both!!! So overall I'm very happy with my exams so far. I'm going to take a break from revision over the weekend so that I can relax a bit before I start studying again, this time for the actual A Levels. 😨 I may or may not post an update tomorrow, I guess we'll see haha. That's all for today! < 3
(edited 2 months ago)
˚ · .Tuesday 06/02✧˚ · .
╰┈➤Hiii it's been a while since my last post so I'm going to recap the past couple of days altogether. Over the weekend, I created my revision plan for the next few months leading up to exams. I've tried to keep it quite simple so as to not overwhelm myself. Yesterday, I made a lot of progress with my Spanish IRP presentation - I think I'm a little bit ahead of the schedule we have set out for us so I'm hoping to get it out of the way as soon as possible. I also got my second Sociology paper back and got an A* overall!! So I was really happy about that, I just hope I can keep it up. As for today, I did a tiny bit of revision on crime and deviance for Sociology to make sure I don't forget anything as I think it was one of the topics that I was least prepared for in the mocks. Other than that, I didn't do much else apart from watch netflix 😆 I'm going to go to sleep now, see you tomorrow! <3
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 17
˚ · .Tuesday 06/02✧˚ · .
╰┈➤Hiii it's been a while since my last post so I'm going to recap the past couple of days altogether. Over the weekend, I created my revision plan for the next few months leading up to exams. I've tried to keep it quite simple so as to not overwhelm myself. Yesterday, I made a lot of progress with my Spanish IRP presentation - I think I'm a little bit ahead of the schedule we have set out for us so I'm hoping to get it out of the way as soon as possible. I also got my second Sociology paper back and got an A* overall!! So I was really happy about that, I just hope I can keep it up. As for today, I did a tiny bit of revision on crime and deviance for Sociology to make sure I don't forget anything as I think it was one of the topics that I was least prepared for in the mocks. Other than that, I didn't do much else apart from watch netflix 😆 I'm going to go to sleep now, see you tomorrow! <3

Well done on the A*! Also I just want to say that I love your username 😆
˚ · .Wednesday 14/02✧˚ · .
╰┈➤Helloooo it's been a few days since my last post. That's just because it's the half term right now, so I don't have that much to write about. I have a part-time job which I've been at the past few days, and today I had a day off. In terms of revision, I haven't done any... but that's fine, because I was planning on taking a break during the half term anyway. I've also just realised that I may've forgotten to mention my final English Language mock grade, which turned out to be an A!!! This is the first time I've managed to get an A in this subject and honestly I think it's my most difficult A-Level, so I'm sooo happy! I'm not sure if all schools have their February break around the same time, so whether you're off school right now or not, I hope everyone is having a nice week 😊 That's everything from me for now!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending