The Student Room Group

fx-991ex calculator not showing reocurring decimals

Hello, my calculator doesn't seem to show any reocurring decimals. Every time I put in my equation in class everyone else has the answer as a reocurring decimal and mine comes up as a whole decimal. Does anyone know how to change it to make it do so?
Thanks
Original post by VermilionFox
Hello, my calculator doesn't seem to show any reocurring decimals. Every time I put in my equation in class everyone else has the answer as a reocurring decimal and mine comes up as a whole decimal. Does anyone know how to change it to make it do so?
Thanks

not too sure but check that it's in degrees and not radians maybe? the d or r at the top left corner
Reply 2
It's a useless feature tbh. If you're using it for GCSE then that only comes up on non-calc exams, if this is for A-level then there's never any questions about converting recurring decimals to fractions.
Reply 3
Original post by Sinnoh
It's a useless feature tbh. If you're using it for GCSE then that only comes up on non-calc exams, if this is for A-level then there's never any questions about converting recurring decimals to fractions.

I think they mean instead of the calculator saying 2.6 recurring it will say 2.6666666667
Reply 4
Thanks

The Casio fx-991EX doesn't display a recurring decimal and doesn't have a setting to change to this. I assume your classmates have different calculators?
Original post by chocolatecake738
I think they mean instead of the calculator saying 2.6 recurring it will say 2.6666666667

yep, and i can't change it
Original post by bexxr
The Casio fx-991EX doesn't display a recurring decimal and doesn't have a setting to change to this. I assume your classmates have different calculators?

yes they do however my teacher has the exact same that allows them to see reocurring decimals however refused to help me as she is stubborn. So basically i want to know if anyone knows which setting or something i can change it to be?
Original post by 9087ukhbkv
not too sure but check that it's in degrees and not radians maybe? the d or r at the top left corner

Yes its already in degrees, but it still doesn't work
Yes its already in degrees, but it still doesn't work

It sounds like a display setting - check your settings with your friends.
Yeah I'll try thank you :]
Hi, i know this is old but did you find out how to fix this?

Quick Reply

Latest