The Student Room Group

i lost my biology notes, what should i do? (gcse)

over a week ago, my notes went missing. i looked but assumed they'd turn up and they didn't. i had a proper look over last week but they've vanished into thin air.these are the notes on paper 2, which i have a mock for at the end of February. i don't know the content well, so those notes would have been useful- what should i do? is it worth copying out all the notes again? i could focus on just exam questions, but i dont even /know/ the content in the first place. i have borrowed another textbook so i still have access to resources, however detailed diagrams and explanations lack in my book (AQA) that my teacher had ran through in study sessions.i also have a test coming up this thursday, the notes i have for half of the topic- the other half are lost along with my book. what should i do?
buy gcp books and use the specification to rewrite your notes. then do practice papers
Original post by hugplant
over a week ago, my notes went missing. i looked but assumed they'd turn up and they didn't. i had a proper look over last week but they've vanished into thin air.these are the notes on paper 2, which i have a mock for at the end of February. i don't know the content well, so those notes would have been useful- what should i do? is it worth copying out all the notes again? i could focus on just exam questions, but i dont even /know/ the content in the first place. i have borrowed another textbook so i still have access to resources, however detailed diagrams and explanations lack in my book (AQA) that my teacher had ran through in study sessions.i also have a test coming up this thursday, the notes i have for half of the topic- the other half are lost along with my book. what should i do?

I would talk to your teacher and other people in your class to see if they can send pictures of notes made in study sessions. Otherwise, I would just work your way through the textbook that you have, and if you can, buy the AQA one again.
Are you sure nobody else in your house has moved your notes? Do you have a cleaner who could have put them somewhere without you realising? They aren't under your bed or haven't fallen behind a desk?
Just make new notes. It doesn't really matter about tests or mock exams because they don't actually count towards your final result (albeit they may influence your predicted grades) so take the long view and do what you need to do to ensure you have adequate notes for when you have an actual exam coming up.

Also needless to say, keep track of them better after you make the new ones :tongue:
Reply 4
Original post by OMDawg88
buy gcp books and use the specification to rewrite your notes. then do practice papers

thank you, will do

Original post by booklover1313
I would talk to your teacher and other people in your class to see if they can send pictures of notes made in study sessions. Otherwise, I would just work your way through the textbook that you have, and if you can, buy the AQA one again.
Are you sure nobody else in your house has moved your notes? Do you have a cleaner who could have put them somewhere without you realising? They aren't under your bed or haven't fallen behind a desk?

i'll talk to them- im sure my teacher would be willing to share the work again! thank you. and i've rearranged my whole room to look for them- typically the cleaners would leave it where it was or hand it into reception, but i've asked and nothing has turned up. the last i saw them was in my house and i dont think i took them into school, yet they're no where around. i'll check again, thank you for the suggestions though

Original post by artful_lounger
Just make new notes. It doesn't really matter about tests or mock exams because they don't actually count towards your final result (albeit they may influence your predicted grades) so take the long view and do what you need to do to ensure you have adequate notes for when you have an actual exam coming up.

Also needless to say, keep track of them better after you make the new ones :tongue:

that is true- only worry is about TAGs being a thing again, but hopefully exams will properly go ahead this year. and i will keep these notes so safe this time </3
Original post by hugplant

that is true- only worry is about TAGs being a thing again, but hopefully exams will properly go ahead this year. and i will keep these notes so safe this time </3

Also sometimes just reading notes is quite a passive form of revision, whereas making them again will be an active form of revision, so it might end up helping you in the long run!
Reply 6
Original post by booklover1313
Also sometimes just reading notes is quite a passive form of revision, whereas making them again will be an active form of revision, so it might end up helping you in the long run!

thank you, thats true!
Reply 7
Don't worry much. U may get ur notes back. STAY COOL.....
Use GCSEpod, and any textbook you have to write new ones.
Original post by Zuhaid

Original post by geopoliticionado

Given that this thread was started in January, and the OP said that they had mocks in February, it is very likely that they've already taken their GCSEs (and received their results) by now.

I'm not sure they'll still be worried about those missing notes. :wink:
Reply 10
Original post by Zuhaid

Original post by geopoliticionado

Original post by DataVenia
Given that this thread was started in January, and the OP said that they had mocks in February, it is very likely that they've already taken their GCSEs (and received their results) by now.

I'm not sure they'll still be worried about those missing notes. :wink:

Thank you for the replies and Data is right - I have done my GCSEs. Got a 9 in bio :smile: thank you for this threads advice. for anyone else going through the same thing, here's what i did:
- i 'scrap-booked' my notes - i basically found everything that i needed from secondary sources (ie the text book, online resources, friends, etc) and filled any gaps in with my own knowledge
- did so many practice questions - anytime i felt like there was a gap in my knowledge i would write out the notes for it.

the department found my notes at the end of the school year. someone had put them in a cupboard. anyone else struggling with this, you got this!! good luck!!

Quick Reply

Latest