The Student Room Group
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London

Can universities give you an offer higher than entry requirements that are listed?

I just got an offer from one of my uni. Their entry requirements are BBB-BBC. However, the offer that I got was minimum 128 ucas tariff points (ABB or A*BC). My predicted is ACC so it doesn't make sense to me why they would increase the entry requirements. I also live on a very poor area and bunch of my classmates got contextual offers (much lower offers) even though their predicted is extremely high.

Also, on the offer, they mentioned that I need a minimum of 32points in a level sciences and 40 points in maths. So is my offer BCC or ABB?
Where did you see the entry requirements listed as BBB-BBC?
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London
Reply 2
Original post by PQ

On their website. "BBC-BBB including a C or above from a science subject" < this is what is written
Reply 3
Original post by PQ

They also mention this :
"If you are taking A level or BTEC qualifications, we have provided a range in which we will make our offer (e.g. BBB BBC in A levels). Where we are able to determine that you may have had any barriers to learning as part of your initial application (e.g. through you leaving care, applying for asylum etc.) we will make the offer at the lower end of the range."

and I live in a poor area and went into a terrible school (one of the worst ones in fact) and I am an immigrant, joined from year 7. So I assumed that they will give me a contextual offer with lower grades because this is what my friends got as well, who went to the same school as me
Which Uni, which course?
Reply 5
Original post by McGinger
Which Uni, which course?

Middlesex uni; biomedical engineer
https://www.mdx.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/biomedical-engineering
"Our entry requirements provide a guide to the qualifications that you’ll need to study our courses. We have a personalised admissions approach and we make fair but aspirational offers. We want you to aim high and achieve great results."
Reply 7
Original post by McGinger
https://www.mdx.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/biomedical-engineering
"Our entry requirements provide a guide to the qualifications that you’ll need to study our courses. We have a personalised admissions approach and we make fair but aspirational offers. We want you to aim high and achieve great results."

tru
Original post by Ahm_201
I just got an offer from one of my uni. Their entry requirements are BBB-BBC. However, the offer that I got was minimum 128 ucas tariff points (ABB or A*BC). My predicted is ACC so it doesn't make sense to me why they would increase the entry requirements. I also live on a very poor area and bunch of my classmates got contextual offers (much lower offers) even though their predicted is extremely high.

Also, on the offer, they mentioned that I need a minimum of 32points in a level sciences and 40 points in maths. So is my offer BCC or ABB?

Hello Ahm_201
Thank you for your question, my name is Rebecca I am a student ambassador for Middlesex University.
The offers a University makes is based on a number of things such as whether or not you select the university as your first choice, sometimes if you select a university as your first choice when you have received all of your offers then some universities will change your offer to an unconditional if you selected it as your first choice. This is dependent on how competitive the entry to the course is.
You can find more about this here https://www.ucas.com/file/195121/download?token=VQ-mySj9
There is a requirement of a B in A level Maths and a C in A level science to ensure you have the level of knowledge and academic skills to be able to be successful whilst studying on the course.
If you have anymore questions feel free to message me. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending