The Student Room Group

🍀😭📖A level stress, becoming an adult, growing up 📖😭🍀 - a blog by plasticplants

Scroll to see replies

I'm taking a break at the moment cos I ate a fat bowl of ice cream and now my lactose intolerance is taking revenge and I feel sick. Half way through marking that Chemistry practice paper I did this morning. Looking at how I did - let's just say it's a good thing I'm starting revision early:colondollar:
hiii how are you coping with revision and getting content done
Hi! To be honest, I've just started division recently. I'm trying to do a practice paper a day and review all the topics I'm weak in - particularly for geog which is my most difficult subject. Although truth be told, I still haven't done a practice paper in geog because I don't have my case studies memorised yet. It's going alright, but I'm really stressed about how little time I have to cover so much content. I'm hoping if I make sure all my revision is exams focused I'll be okay, and I found some great online resources. Revising at home means I don't have much support at all, but I'm hoping to get a tutor for geography for these last few months.
So overall it's going fine, just a bit slower than I'd like.

Also, you're the person that sent me a pm right? Sorry for not getting back to you - tsr won't let me reply to pm's until I've had my account for three days (one had it for two days haha). I was planning on replying tomorrow xx
Original post by Plasticplants
Hi! To be honest, I've just started division recently. I'm trying to do a practice paper a day and review all the topics I'm weak in - particularly for geog which is my most difficult subject. Although truth be told, I still haven't done a practice paper in geog because I don't have my case studies memorised yet. It's going alright, but I'm really stressed about how little time I have to cover so much content. I'm hoping if I make sure all my revision is exams focused I'll be okay, and I found some great online resources. Revising at home means I don't have much support at all, but I'm hoping to get a tutor for geography for these last few months.
So overall it's going fine, just a bit slower than I'd like.

Also, you're the person that sent me a pm right? Sorry for not getting back to you - tsr won't let me reply to pm's until I've had my account for three days (one had it for two days haha). I was planning on replying tomorrow xx

same I feel so behind in content like there is so much to cover I feel very stressed as these are my resists and I should of not got a job and just focuses on revision
oh my gosh we have 70 days..
i do chem too btw!
Original post by penikaptel
same I feel so behind in content like there is so much to cover I feel very stressed as these are my resists and I should of not got a job and just focuses on revision

Ahh that does sound stressful :eek4: There's always so much pressure to get a job, get good grades etc etc. All we can do is focus on the time we have left before the exams. We got like 70 days, so let's make the most of it (or just cry together:redface:)
If it's your resits you should be about my age :five:
Which subjects are you taking?
Original post by BadBComeToTheNiz
oh my gosh we have 70 days..
i do chem too btw!

:five:
Ahh that does sound stressful :eek4: There's always so much pressure to get a job, get good grades etc etc. All we can do is focus on the time we have left before the exams. We got like 70 days, so let's make the most of it (or just cry together:redface:)
If it's your resits you should be about my age :five:
Which subjects are you taking?

HI yes I just cried about it lol as I worked so hard in year 13 and got bad grade and regret dropping out my foundation year as I feel like I could of been in first year next year
HI yes I just cried about it lol as I worked so hard in year 13 and got bad grade and regret dropping out my foundation year as I feel like I could of been in first year next year

Ah shucks. Sending you hugs :console:xxx
Sometimes you just need to cry for a bit.
Honestly I wish we could change some of our past decisions sometimes. I just keep telling myself that in a few years it's not going to matter when I started uni or how long it took me to get there. But at the same time I sometimes just feel so stuck and like I'm never going to get there (the logical part of me know this is nonsense - but it does feel like that sometimes)
I really hope this time your A levels go well for you!!!! 💗
Why can't I concentrate......
I'm just finished marking this damn chemistry paper. All focus has left my brain. I had so much more I wanted to do today. Why am I so slow?
Think I'll go to the library tomorrow. I just can't seem to focus at home, but at the same time I don't really feel like taking the train in the morning ugh.
I've got some more work on my Chemistry write-ups from the practicals. Hopefully I can finish them tonight. Kinda in a sulky mood right now.
Well this evening didnt go as planned. I got into a panic because I lost my workbook from the practicals, and I cant get a pass for the practicals without the contents of that book. I then i remerbered i probably left it at my friends house so I messaged her and she managed to find it. I'm literally the ost forgetful person in the world, so she wasnt surprised haha. I'll just go get it from her tomorrow.
But it does mean I didnt get done what I wanted to do today. I'm feeling pretty rubbish about how little I achieved. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Tomorrows plan:
7:30 wake up
8:00 Do a maths worksheet
10:00 Train to library (pick up book from my mate's house on the way?)
10:45 Geography practice paper
12:00 Lunch break (I wanna go to my fav lil' Japanese place!!)
12:45 Review chem topics
15:00 Small break
15:30 Review geog topics
17:00 Train back home + longer break
19:00 Finish chem practicals write-ups
21:00 Review some questions I've gotten wrong (any subject)
22:00 DONE. Relax

Very ambitious of me but let's try it. My friend and I used to send our ideal schedules to each other for motivtion and accountability. Maybe that will work here.
Morning everyone~
I got up on time today! I'm gonna start the day with a binomial expansion worksheet so let's see how that goes.

How are you doing today love?
Original post by ebyrne2036
Uni😪

How did your interview yesterday go?
Original post by ebyrne2036
I think I messed up😭

Oh no, what happened? 😭😭
Random lil' update: Just got to the library. I'm running a bit late with my schedule cos the train was running a bit late! ahh
I'll switch chem revision and geog revision today, since I'll need the longer study time after lunch to complete the geog past paper.
Finished lunch and read through some geog notes to prepare for writing the practice paper. Now I'm tired and my motivation has just vanished. I hate doing geog practice papers because I can never get them right, and I'm feeling too tired to do a practice paper now ugh.
Gonna try and do it anyway, but I might put some music on and give myself some extra time.

Why does it feel like no matter how much I study, I'm never going to get any better? What if I fail my A levels? 😭😭
Make sure to take some breaks :hugs:
Finished lunch and read through some geog notes to prepare for writing the practice paper. Now I'm tired and my motivation has just vanished. I hate doing geog practice papers because I can never get them right, and I'm feeling too tired to do a practice paper now ugh.
Gonna try and do it anyway, but I might put some music on and give myself some extra time.

Why does it feel like no matter how much I study, I'm never going to get any better? What if I fail my A levels? 😭😭

What are you planning to do in uni and what are your predicted. Im just curious :smile: Good Luck with all your work, you've done so much more than i've done and i'm proud of you to be able to complete your tasks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending