The Student Room Group

j’s y13 academic diary 🎀🎀

hi guys! i’ve built up the courage to make this forum/thread to hopefully motivate me to revise more for a-levels! hopeful,t this also inspires others to do the same! 💗😊

im jane & i’m studying sociology, biology and chemistry!
i want to achieve ABC and have applied to study dental hygiene and therapy and have an offer from essex so far!

my hobbies as of right now is very much centred around beauty; I have been doing gel extensions for a few months now followed by lash extensions which I’ve done for about 4 years now so maybe in the summer I’ll qualify! i also LOVE reading romance books because i’m a hopeless romantic (kinda cringe but oel), i also love to journal (this is your sign to, been doing it for 4 years and it’s changed my life) ; i also wanna become a gym rat again too 😏

i’ll give updates on what i get up to during the day outside and inside school & hopefully we can all motivate each other and grow a beautiful community of academic weapons 😏😏

also feel free to message me as well, let’s be besties 🎀🧘🏾*♀️💌

!!! <3
(edited 2 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hey! Welcome to gyg, it's nice to see other year 13s, I study Politics, Eng lit and Film! Good luck this year <33333
Original post by rowan_willow
Hey! Welcome to gyg, it's nice to see other year 13s, I study Politics, Eng lit and Film! Good luck this year <33333

hello! thank you so much for the warm welcome and good luck to you too my love 💞xx
Reply 3
Original post by blktoothfairy
hi guys! i’ve built up the courage to make this forum/thread to hopefully motivate me to revise more for a-levels! hopeful,t this also inspires others to do the same! 💗😊

i want to achieve ABC and have applied to study dental hygiene and therapy and have an offer from essex so far!

my hobbies as of right now is very much centred around beauty; I have been doing gel extensions for a few months now followed by lash extensions which I’ve done for about 4 years now so maybe in the summer I’ll qualify! i also LOVE reading romance books because i’m a hopeless romantic (kinda cringe but oel), i also love to journal (this is your sign to, been doing it for 4 years and it’s changed my life) ; i also wanna become a gym rat again too 😏

i’ll give updates on what i get up to during the day outside and inside school & hopefully we can all motivate each other and grow a beautiful community of academic weapons 😏😏

!!! <3

WOOO YOU MADE A GYG so excited to follow along with your journey 🤍🤍 and omg i loveee journalling, i think i do a combination of both scrapbooking and journaling and it's so fun
good luck with everythinggg <3
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 4
Your journalling and self care is what I wish I had the effort for 😭
Congrats on your offer from essex 🥳

!!! <3

HEYA! Welcome to the gyg community! Looking forward to watching your journey x
Reply 6

!!! <3

ahahahahha I just stalked your account to find this bc i rlly wa Ted to know ur gyg. Good luck on your journeyyy

!!! <3

Ahh finally! Good to see you here, i hope you enjoy your blog as much as i do. And if you put in the effort (i am sure you do already) you get those grades easily!
Good luck!
Original post by milktee
WOOO YOU MADE A GYG so excited to follow along with your journey 🤍🤍 and omg i loveee journalling, i think i do a combination of both scrapbooking and journaling and it's so fun

YAYYY MHM I DID IT!! so so so happy, it’s so nice to see others who love journaling too so yay that’s so cool!!
good luck to you too my love 💗
Original post by study23!
Your journalling and self care is what I wish I had the effort for 😭
Congrats on your offer from essex 🥳

awww, it’s definetly a roller coaster keeping up with journaling but it’s amazing, we all start somewhere, sometimes even writing 3 things i’m grateful for makes a huge difference 💓 and thank you so much :smile:)
Original post by Tatakae L
ahahahahha I just stalked your account to find this bc i rlly wa Ted to know ur gyg. Good luck on your journeyyy

i was hoping you’d respond to my gyg 🤭 thank you so much love 💟 & same to uuu
Original post by AspiringSurvivor
Ahh finally! Good to see you here, i hope you enjoy your blog as much as i do. And if you put in the effort (i am sure you do already) you get those grades easily!
Good luck!

thank you so much that means so much 🥹💞

also how do i add to the thread so i can actually document my gyg 💔😭
also how do i add to the thread so i can actually document my gyg 💔😭

right at the bottom it should say quick reply. at least on web it does, idk abt the app

ofc id respond, i wouldnt leave you hanging xx
Reply 15
Original post by milktee

YAYYY MHM I DID IT!! so so so happy, it’s so nice to see others who love journaling too so yay that’s so cool!!
good luck to you too my love 💗

🤍🤍🤍

!!! <3

Hiya @blktoothfairy
Congratulations on your offer with Essex !🤩

I am excited to follow your journey and extremely happy that you created a community where students can came together and support each other.😃

I wish you the best and if you have any questions don't hesitate in contacting me.

Essex Official Rep-Cat 😊
Original post by EssexOfficialRep
Hiya @blktoothfairy
Congratulations on your offer with Essex !🤩

I am excited to follow your journey and extremely happy that you created a community where students can came together and support each other.😃

I wish you the best and if you have any questions don't hesitate in contacting me.

Essex Official Rep-Cat 😊

thank you !! so excited for the offer holder day 😊💞
Original post by Tatakae L
right at the bottom it should say quick reply. at least on web it does, idk abt the app

okieokie thanks

!!! <3

hey guys so forgot to give an update
[list]

so I came home around 1pm as i have attendance priviledge and did some sociology notes

[]Ill be honest i've really been slacking with revision because Im just so stressed, my friendships are very much plummeting to the ground because my parents have given me trust issues as they're aware of the ev(l eye and i just dont like being at school. but i did 3 hours of sociology notes yesterday so im proud of myself for even doing that ❤️ ive really been trying to celebrate small achievements for my new years resolution so yeah 🙂

i went to bed at around 12 so yeah that was my day! i hope you all had amazing day today and yesterday :smile:

(cant wait until summer :smile:)

God bless you all xx

ill give an update tonight about how i've spent my evening but so far i've had lunch, my breakfast was so good (yoghurt w grapes and strawberries) so i was very happy about that, had a menty b earlier so now im about to do some work hopefully if i can bring myself to do some 🙂

i dont want to be all soppy on here but I just want to be as realistic as possible on this forum; we all have bad days and that's okay; as long as you pick yourself up, talk to someone about it and try to be at least 1% better than yesterday its fine ❤️ its you vs you at the end of the day. so put in the work now and enjoy the fruits of your labour soon & stay positive. also remember that comparison is the thief of joy so dont compare yourself to others because you never know what someone's going through (read Aesop's Fable to understand this theory better) especially during Alevels where everyone appears to be doing 10 past papers a day when others like myself feel guilty and dont feel like we did enough. its not healthy at all to be comparing yourself!!

for all my Christians out there, my favourite Bible verse is Romans 8:18 "For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us".
Even if you're not Christian its a really cute quote and gives me hope so I hope it does the same for you too 🙂

This wasnt the type of forum that I was expecting to type but I just want to create a safe space for everyone on here cos A-levels are really A-levelling to say the least but we got this 🙂

love J x
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending