The Student Room Group

🍀😭📖A level stress, becoming an adult, growing up 📖😭🍀 - a blog by plasticplants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by flaurie
Make sure to take some breaks :hugs:

Thanks lovely~ I'll be taking a break now :h:

Original post by Anonymous
What are you planning to do in uni and what are your predicted. Im just curious :smile: Good Luck with all your work, you've done so much more than i've done and i'm proud of you to be able to complete your tasks.

Thanks hun!! Many days I don't complete my tasks tbh, but I'm glad today is going well so far. Good luck to you too xx
I'm predicted AAB (although these are predictions from a distance learning college so I'm taking them with a grain of salt haha).
For uni, I'm not 100% sure yet. I'll keep it to myself till I've made a decision (applying for 2023 so I've got some time after exams to get some work experience and see what my a level grades really are :wink:)
Geography went okay. I couldn't face the essays, so I did the short answer questions of two different past papers to make up for it. Think I actually gained a lot from it so I'm feeling pretty good now. :biggrin:
Hope you guys are having a good day~
Just got on the train. I was kinda craving sugar, so I picked up a smoothie and some chocolate for my brother and I at a lil' Tesco express on the way to the station.
I spent the last hour or so just going over key terms for geography that I need to memorise. So borrrring.
BUT when I get home I can take a break which I'm happy about haha. I always get really tired this time of day :sleep:
I was talking to my family over dinner, as usual. Usually it's fine, but shucks I'm feeling low now. My family can be very draining for me, and I feel like I'm disappointing them (not study related).

I had a whole essay written here lol but I deleted it. I'm gonna try and keep this blog focused on my study journey and not on my personal problems too much haha. When I move out I'll figure it out :indiff:
Time for George to get some sleep now (by which I obviously mean watch Netflix for an hour first)

Here's how I did:

7:30 wake up :biggrin:
8:00 Do a maths worksheet:biggrin:
10:00 Train to library (pick up book from my mate's house on the way?):biggrin:
10:45 Geography practice paper Reviewed chem topics:biggrin:
12:00 Lunch break (I wanna go to my fav lil' Japanese place!!)
12:45 Review chem topics Geography practice paper:biggrin:
15:00 Small break:biggrin:
15:30 Review geog topics:biggrin: (but started 10 mins late:s-smilie:)
17:00 Train back home + longer break:biggrin:
19:00 Finish chem practicals write-ups:s-smilie:
21:00 Review some questions I've gotten wrong (any subject):s-smilie:
22:00 DONE. Relax

As you can see, I kinda fell through in the evening. Hopefully I can do better tomorrow. But im proud of the progress I made today - just trying not to think about how much I have to get done.

Spoiler

Tomorrow's (D-66) plan:
7:30 wake up
8:00 Maths worksheet
10:00 Chemistry write-ups
12:00 Lunch break
12:45 Review geog topics
15:00 Short break
15:30 Review chem topics
17:00 Long break!!
19:00 Further geog revision
21:00 Go over questions I've gotten wrong (any subject)

What's you guys' plan for tomorrow?
Well, today isn't going very well so far 😬
Hopefully it'll be better this afternoon.
Ok, I didn't know if I was going to bring this up, but I'm considering talking to my GP about an ADHD assessment. I'll only do it after my exams because then I'll have more independence (my parents don't believe in metal health issues and the like). I was just wondering if anyone had been through an ADHD assessment before? Particularly if your around my age (18/19).
Original post by Plasticplants
Ok, I didn't know if I was going to bring this up, but I'm considering talking to my GP about an ADHD assessment. I'll only do it after my exams because then I'll have more independence (my parents don't believe in metal health issues and the like). I was just wondering if anyone had been through an ADHD assessment before? Particularly if your around my age (18/19).

Sorry I’ve no experience with this but hopefully someone else will xx
Original post by ebyrne2036
Sorry I’ve no experience with this but hopefully someone else will xx

Thanks lovely xx
Today was pretty terrible. I got myself overly stressed, had a panic attack, and struggled to concentrate for the whole day. I feel sick thinking about my A levels because I know I haven't prepared well enough.
I still haven't finished these chemistry write-ups but I need to finish them before I go to bed, so I'll finish that now.
Hope you guys' day was better xxx
Today was pretty terrible. I got myself overly stressed, had a panic attack, and struggled to concentrate for the whole day. I feel sick thinking about my A levels because I know I haven't prepared well enough.
I still haven't finished these chemistry write-ups but I need to finish them before I go to bed, so I'll finish that now.

defo gonna start watching this thread! (we take polar opposite a-levels lol but this is still super encouraging <3) hope you feel better! ):

i hope you start feeling better, please don't overwork yourself. Are you taking your a levels this year or next year?
Also had a hard day hope tomo new one x
Original post by dellam8
defo gonna start watching this thread! (we take polar opposite a-levels lol but this is still super encouraging <3) hope you feel better! ):

Awww thanks! :h: Im glad you find it encouraging!! (even though I seem to spend half my time complaining about A levels haha).

i hope you start feeling better, please don't overwork yourself. Are you taking your a levels this year or next year?

Thanks xx I'm feeling a bit better now. I managed to get a bit of work done and I'm going to go to bed soon.
Im taking my A levels this year (hence all the stress!!). You?
Original post by ebyrne2036
Also had a hard day hope tomo new one x

:hugs:
Awww thanks! :h: Im glad you find it encouraging!! (even though I seem to spend half my time complaining about A levels haha).

Thanks xx I'm feeling a bit better now. I managed to get a bit of work done and I'm going to go to bed soon.
Im taking my A levels this year (hence all the stress!!). You?

Yes i am taking my a levels. What are you predicted just wondering. I've been struggling a lot and rarely get work done and that really been going on for ages. Honestly with 3 months to go i dont think im going to get what i need for uni but idk if its worth a try or not
Yes i am taking my a levels. What are you predicted just wondering. I've been struggling a lot and rarely get work done and that really been going on for ages. Honestly with 3 months to go i dont think im going to get what i need for uni but idk if its worth a try or not

I'm predicted AAB (though these predictions are from distance learning college and since like half of my assignments were open note, I don't think they are very reliable. Maybe I could attain these grades if I could take my textbooks into the exams with me:tongue:). I might end up with a BBC (which would throw most of the degrees I'm considering out the window):cry:

Honestly same, pretty much all of these last two years I haven't taken a levels seriously. I always wanted to do well, but just couldn't be bothered to work for it it seems. It does concern me a lot, but I'm not postponing them because I need them to be over at this point.

Time is really short now, but I'd say it's worth it, unless you are seriously considering taking them next year instead. Worth it just to try and give it all you've got these next few months and just see how you do. In the end, at least you would have completed them. And you can really improve in three months!!! Once you've written them, you've at least got something. Then you can decide whether you wanna resit, or just accept what you got.
But I do think it's worth it to try!!
I used to do maths at the beginning of y12 then dropped it after the first week lmao. It was very hard and I didn't have a clue what was going on so I feel your pain :/

I don't really have any advice, just thought I'd sympathise with a similar experience. Good luck with your exams though.
Okay, so I woke up about 40 mins ago. Since I had a tough day yesterday, I knew I would need some extra sleep last night.
I've decided to go back to the library today to help me concentrate.

Plan (D-65)
Morning: send off Chemistry write-ups and email potential geog tutors.
11:15 get train into town
11:45 (at library) Maths worksheet
12:45 Lunch!!
13:30 Geog revision
15:30 Break
16:00 Chem revision
17:00 train back home
17:45 more Chem revision
19:45 break
20:15 more geog revision
22:15 DONE

I need to get a lot of Chemistry and Geography done today, so I'm gonna be alternating between them to keep my focus.
Feel free to post your schedules :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest