The Student Room Group

🍀😭📖A level stress, becoming an adult, growing up 📖😭🍀 - a blog by plasticplants

Scroll to see replies

probably realised doing this was wasting time and should be revising
Heya guys, sorry for just abandoning this blog!! 😭😭

I'd like to continue it, but I've just been trying to limit distractions as much as possible. I was really behind with revision, and I hadn't made good notes for most of my subjects cos I was like "active recall" (which I never did) and some ****. So these last couple months I've just been revising like an absolute madman. Honestly, if I had studied like this throughout the year I would have been a freaking genius. I would also have been dead cos yeah there is no way this is sustainable lol

I won't be updating here probably till after my exams. I'll let you guys know how I get on, and I really hope all of you can get a lot done these next few weeks. A levels are tough af, but we're gonna complete them one way or another. Really hope you guys get the grades you want!!

My first exams are in 19 days so I'm ******** myself. I still haven't gotten through all my revision which is just ~wonderful~ but I'm trying not to worry too much, cos I've had more panic attacks in the last few months than I've ever had in my whole life. I'll just study as hard as I can and see what I can do.

Thanks so much for reading my blog! Update you guys when this hell is over and done with haha
Heya it’s good to c u back on here xx All the best for ur exams and pls look after urself as much as you can
Heya guys! Here's a little mid-exams update:

It's going absolutely ****. I wasn't expecting it to go amazing, but I wasn't expecting it to go this badly. I'm really just hoping I pass each subject at this point.

Surprisingly, the exams that are going the best are the geo exams, so I guess getting a tutor really helped, even though I only had a few session with them.
After crying a ****-ton, having a couple more panic attacks and questioning my reason for existing, I have decided to treat these exams as a learning opportunity, and to resit in Oct/Nov. I know I can do better than this, so I'm going to give myself that chance. I was going to take a gap year anyway, so I might as well, right?
Definitely going to get tutors for Maths and Chemistry as well!
For now I've just got to keep going, and somehow get through the rest of these exams without letting my spiraling thoughts get the better of me. A levels are stressful as hell right? Haha. But I think I can do it.

This evening I really need to do some more Geography revision. My next exam is on Monday, and I haven't been through that many past papers for this paper to be honest. Ahhh why am I always cutting things so close :bawling:

How are you guys doing? Everyone doing okay?
I probably still won't be very active on here till exam are over, but just kinda felt like posting something. Maybe its just me wanting to find another way to procrastinate lol
Original post by ebyrne2036
Heya it’s good to c u back on here xx All the best for ur exams and pls look after urself as much as you can

Thanks!! I'm trying to look after myself haha.
I hope you are doing well these days xx
Hey im ok ig. Sorry they haven’t been going rest but u never know umite surpass itself.My first ones Thursday and I try nervous and then I don't it's the weirdest thing maybe cus I'm not putting pressure in myself as personally the last academivyear has been one of my hardest. Good luck for ur next geog exam my first one is also geography.im gonna do a bit of “fun” revision for a hr or so tonigh, rough plan to keep me on track to and thenaim for bed early haha joysof long covid.

Ill Be thinking of u on Monday and for the rest of ur exams u can doit
(edited 1 year ago)
its so weird to see stuff from someone else’s pov thats going thru the same stuff as you, i feel like we kinda think we go thru this stuff on our own and everyone else seems fine but thats not the case, this was weirdly comforting to read in a way, thank you
Feelu

Original post by Anonymous
its so weird to see stuff from someone else’s pov thats going thru the same stuff as you, i feel like we kinda think we go thru this stuff on our own and everyone else seems fine but thats not the case, this was weirdly comforting to read in a way, thank you
Feelu

we got this fr powering thru one day at a time
Hey im ok ig. Sorry they haven’t been going rest but u never know umite surpass itself.My first ones Thursday and I try nervous and then I don't it's the weirdest thing maybe cus I'm not putting pressure in myself as personally the last academivyear has been one of my hardest. Good luck for ur next geog exam my first one is also geography.im gonna do a bit of “fun” revision for a hr or so tonigh, rough plan to keep me on track to and thenaim for bed early haha joysof long covid.

Ill Be thinking of u on Monday and for the rest of ur exams u can doit

Thank you!!

I feel you. The pressure I put on myself seems to vary a lot too. At times I'm really working hard cos I'm so stressed, but yesterday I literally spent most of the day watching Netflix (I don't know why, I'm pretty annoyed with myself ugh). I think my natural way to deal with stress is just completely avoid the situation.

I hope your revision goes well, and good luck on your first exam on Thursday!! You got this!
Also, sorry you've got to put up with long covid :frown: that AND exams? Damn
Original post by Anonymous

Yeah you're so right. People mostly like to talk about the good stuff ig, so when it gets tough, we feel like we are the only ones going through it. At least we have the comfort of knowing we aren't alone!
Oh ****. I've just learned that, while CIE offers Oct/Nov exams, Edexcel doesn't :bawling:
That means I'll have to resit next year May/June probably. Which sucks because I'll already be 20 then. This might be me just feeling really dramatic, but at 20, doing retakes, I feel like getting into uni is going to be harder. It's already hard since I'm a private candidate.

If I could visit my past self, I'd beat her up. If she could have put in a bit more effort, I wouldn't be in this situation. :mad:
Ugh I really don't know what to do now. I'll try to just ignore it while I concentrate on my upcoming exams.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending