The Student Room Group

2nd year funding for nursing degree

Hi,

I am a 1st year Adult Nursing student in Wales. I have just applied to SFW for my 2nd year Reduced Maintenance Loan and rhey have written to me to tell me I am entitled to £0. I do have a previous 3 year degree, however, I was told that nursing is one of the exempt degrees for previous study funding rules, so I am baffled by this decision. Can anyone help me out?
Reply 1
Original post by GeeTee86
Hi,

I am a 1st year Adult Nursing student in Wales. I have just applied to SFW for my 2nd year Reduced Maintenance Loan and rhey have written to me to tell me I am entitled to £0. I do have a previous 3 year degree, however, I was told that nursing is one of the exempt degrees for previous study funding rules, so I am baffled by this decision. Can anyone help me out?

Heya. I'm in the same boat.

I'm currently studying Nursing with Open University in Wales.

I did an application back in NOV and it was declined. I got in contact with open university and they said that nursing is on the list for second degree funding.

I spoke to sfw again and they told me to do another application. To be honest i wad giving incorrect information every time I spoke to different people. In the end open university spoke on my behalf.

The application got accepted in January. Had my money I'm Feb. Was meant to have money in April and August.

I had a notification on my account stating i needed to apply for next year academic year. So I did all that. Went on my account today and theyve taken my money from me for this year and cancelled my next year application because I have already got a degree and also its only " exception "

I'm really upset about it. One minute being told I was eligible even had money sent to my bank account and now I'm not eligible. I'm really baffled.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending