The Student Room Group

Can I get Student Finance for a second degree in health!

Hello, Can I ask a Student Finance Rep

I completed my business management degree in 2022 but have since discovered that my passion lies in the field of health, particularly in physiotherapy. I am aware that the second degree funding covers a Physiotherapy BSc degree, but since I lack a health background, I will need to complete a foundation year as part of the physiotherapy BSc program. I am curious if the foundation year would also qualify for second degree funding.

The degree details is as follows
Name - Health Foundation Pathway leading to a BSc(Hons) Degree
Duration - 1 year full-time (Year 0 of a 4 year degree)
Description - Through this pathway you’ll be studying Year 0 of the Health and Social Care with Foundation Year BSc(Hons), however on successful completion of this year you could apply for Year 1 of one of the following courses:

Midwifery Studies BSc(Hons)*
Nursing (Adult) BSc(Hons)*
Nursing (Blended Learning) Adult BSc(Hons)*
Nursing (Blended Learning) Child BSc(Hons)*
Nursing (Blended Learning) Learning Disability BSc(Hons)*
Nursing (Blended Learning) Mental Health BSc(Hons)*
Nursing (Child) BSc(Hons)*
Nursing (Learning Disability) BSc(Hons)*
Nursing (Mental Health) BSc(Hons)*
Occupational Therapy BSc(Hons)*
Operating Department Practice BSc(Hons)*
Paramedic Science BSc(Hons)*
Physiotherapy BSc(Hons)*
Podiatry BSc(Hons)*
Speech and Language Therapy BSc(Hons)*

Website of this
https://courses.hud.ac.uk/2024-25/full-time/undergraduate/health-foundation-pathway-leading-to-a-bsc-hons-degree

Thank you very much.
Original post by Simba Chirowodza
Hello, Can I ask a Student Finance Rep
I completed my business management degree in 2022 but have since discovered that my passion lies in the field of health, particularly in physiotherapy. I am aware that the second degree funding covers a Physiotherapy BSc degree, but since I lack a health background, I will need to complete a foundation year as part of the physiotherapy BSc program. I am curious if the foundation year would also qualify for second degree funding.
The degree details is as follows
Name - Health Foundation Pathway leading to a BSc(Hons) Degree
Duration - 1 year full-time (Year 0 of a 4 year degree)
Description - Through this pathway you’ll be studying Year 0 of the Health and Social Care with Foundation Year BSc(Hons), however on successful completion of this year you could apply for Year 1 of one of the following courses:
Midwifery Studies BSc(Hons)*
Nursing (Adult) BSc(Hons)*
Nursing (Blended Learning) Adult BSc(Hons)*
Nursing (Blended Learning) Child BSc(Hons)*
Nursing (Blended Learning) Learning Disability BSc(Hons)*
Nursing (Blended Learning) Mental Health BSc(Hons)*
Nursing (Child) BSc(Hons)*
Nursing (Learning Disability) BSc(Hons)*
Nursing (Mental Health) BSc(Hons)*
Occupational Therapy BSc(Hons)*
Operating Department Practice BSc(Hons)*
Paramedic Science BSc(Hons)*
Physiotherapy BSc(Hons)*
Podiatry BSc(Hons)*
Speech and Language Therapy BSc(Hons)*
Website of this
https://courses.hud.ac.uk/2024-25/full-time/undergraduate/health-foundation-pathway-leading-to-a-bsc-hons-degree
Thank you very much.
Hi there,

The 1 year foundation course would be a course in itself. We would either be able to offer you funding for the 1 year course, or one of the ones listed above but unfortunately we could not offer funding for both. Thanks, Ross
Original post by Ross SLC
Hi there,
The 1 year foundation course would be a course in itself. We would either be able to offer you funding for the 1 year course, or one of the ones listed above but unfortunately we could not offer funding for both. Thanks, Ross
Hi thank you very for the feedback.

So just to make sure, I called the university and they classify this as a 4 year course, only after completing foundation year then can one progress to 1st year of the either courses. So for example when applying on UCAS I had a chose of starting on year 0 foundation or year 1.
So the funding has to be split on either year 0 or year 1-3. It can not be for the whole course.

Regards
Simba
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Simba Chirowodza
Hi thank you very for the feedback.
So just to make sure, I called the university and they classify this as a 4 year course, only after completing foundation year then can one progress to 1st year of the either courses. So for example when applying on UCAS I had a chose of starting on year 0 foundation or year 1.
So the funding has to be split on either year 0 or year 1-3. It can not be for the whole course.
Regards
Simba
Hi Simba. Physiotherapy is considered an exception course. So in this case, you would be eligible for the funding for the duration of the course (4 years) including the foundation year regardless of your previous study/qualifications.
Thanks, David.
Thank You, thats great.

Regards
You're welcome, have a nice day. Thanks, David.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending