The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Physics Paper 3: 9PH0 03 - 16 June 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Any thoughts on possible 6 markers?
Also do you guys think they are gonna make this paper harder than the past papers or less hard? I'm hoping they don't make it like 2019 cause that was awful.
Did u try paper 2 ? I have no clue on the six marker I’m like maybe setting up stationary wave , procedure commenting accuracy of student pratical applying shm or maybe a momentum practical but It looks like it can only be momentum in AS
Original post by rehena12
Did u try paper 2 ? I have no clue on the six marker I’m like maybe setting up stationary wave , procedure commenting accuracy of student pratical applying shm or maybe a momentum practical but It looks like it can only be momentum in AS

I did. Made a few stupid mistakes which was sad! But got 66. Really need to pull up my socks and go for like 80. So just working on refining stuff so I can find a like 14 extra marks hahah! Gonna go over all the electricity stuff like circuit dividers and momentum as I'm not great at those sections and then do 2018 past paper and the specimen paper.
Also any thoughts on the possibility of getting questions about orbiting things etc? Cause I've been hating those in the past papers
Original post by marieclaire.pi0
I did. Made a few stupid mistakes which was sad! But got 66. Really need to pull up my socks and go for like 80. So just working on refining stuff so I can find a like 14 extra marks hahah! Gonna go over all the electricity stuff like circuit dividers and momentum as I'm not great at those sections and then do 2018 past paper and the specimen paper.
Also any thoughts on the possibility of getting questions about orbiting things etc? Cause I've been hating those in the past papers

Orbiting slightly confused me but I only got that mark because I watched a video on derivations and was about relationship between t^2 and r^3 so I only remembered that but will definitely watch a video on it
Orbiting slightly confused me but I only got that mark because I watched a video on derivations and was about relationship between t^2 and r^3 so I only remembered that but will definitely watch a video on it

Honestly hoping most of the paper is on radioactive decay practical and stuff around that and CP6 and thes rest is just super kind to us cause I actually cannot handle the stress anymore hahahaha
Honestly hoping most of the paper is on radioactive decay practical and stuff around that and CP6 and thes rest is just super kind to us cause I actually cannot handle the stress anymore hahahaha

I went over radioactive practical so I know it pretty well but want to over finding half lives , I need to cover standing wave practical tonight yikes and quickly speed through the other stuff but it should be fine I think…
Do you think the papers gonna be like the past papers or focus more on the advanced info? Cause right now I feel like I know the past paper work better than the advanced info hahahaha! Also what do you think they are going to do with momentum/kinetic energy and all?
Do you think the papers gonna be like the past papers or focus more on the advanced info? Cause right now I feel like I know the past paper work better than the advanced info hahahaha! Also what do you think they are going to do with momentum/kinetic energy and all?

Same I like the past papers there’s a trend , momentum no clue because spec points are AS so maybe will have to do some impulse work
What are typical questions they can ask about the speed of sound practical ?
Maybe how to use the measurements taken. Calculate a suitable frequency for a wave of a certain distance, how to reduce uncertainty, could link it to resonance maybe? Explain why the frequency of the wavelength decreases over x distance?
Also I just did the specimen past paper and feel like I've been abused. Have you done it?
Maybe how to use the measurements taken. Calculate a suitable frequency for a wave of a certain distance, how to reduce uncertainty, could link it to resonance maybe? Explain why the frequency of the wavelength decreases over x distance?
Also I just did the specimen past paper and feel like I've been abused. Have you done it?

Do u know the answers to these want to quickly write these down
Do u know the answers to these want to quickly write these down

Suitable wavelength= assume speed of sound is 330ms-1 and use distance given sub into equation v=fx (f=v/x)

Reduce uncertainty: set time based so only one wave shows on oscilloscope screen, calculate frequency from oscilloscope rather than use signal generator number so as to overcome any uncertainties in the signal generator. Make sure the meter rule is fixed. Use a set square when taking distance measurement.

Can't say for certain what they may say about resonance if they link it, but can go to talk about amplification of the wave due to interference etc. Or driving frequency and natural frequency. Also remember the peaks are where rarefractions would occur and troughs are where compressions would occur.

Frequency of wavelength decreases over distance the is a trick question, it appears that way on the screen but reality is the velocity of the Soundwave decreases over distance (ties into v=fx)
Suitable wavelength= assume speed of sound is 330ms-1 and use distance given sub into equation v=fx (f=v/x)

Reduce uncertainty: set time based so only one wave shows on oscilloscope screen, calculate frequency from oscilloscope rather than use signal generator number so as to overcome any uncertainties in the signal generator. Make sure the meter rule is fixed. Use a set square when taking distance measurement.

Can't say for certain what they may say about resonance if they link it, but can go to talk about amplification of the wave due to interference etc. Or driving frequency and natural frequency. Also remember the peaks are where rarefractions would occur and troughs are where compressions would occur.

Frequency of wavelength decreases over distance the is a trick question, it appears that way on the screen but reality is the velocity of the Soundwave decreases over distance (ties into v=fx)

I remember this from gorilla physics now I think he said something about using a time base with higher resolution to reduce percentage uncertainty to increase accuracy
I remember this from gorilla physics now I think he said something about using a time base with higher resolution to reduce percentage uncertainty to increase accuracy

Resonance maybe driving a frequency which matches natural frequency for damping causing damping from microphone don't know if that's a link

Yeah so get a whole one wave on the screen to reduce the uncertainty. Also what do you rate their gonna ask for radioactive decay?other than the practical?
Also what is the relevance of the half thickness? Like why is it important?
Also what is the relevance of the half thickness? Like why is it important?

I'm still trying to find this answer out
Lower half thickness = stronger at blocking radiation. That's all it is so I assume if it does come up it will be a 1 or 2 mark comparing two half thicknesses
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by tonkkus
Lower half thickness = stronger at blocking radiation. That's all it is so I assume if it does come up it will be a 1 or 2 mark comparing two half thicknesses

You are a superhero! Any thoughts on momentum questions or possible 6 markers?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending