The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Physics Paper 3: 9PH0 03 - 16 June 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by marieclaire.pi0
You are a superhero! Any thoughts on momentum questions or possible 6 markers?

Cp 9 and cp 10 look like easy picks for them in terms of big momentum questions. I don't think they can really pick anything else
Original post by tonkkus
Cp 9 and cp 10 look like easy picks for them in terms of big momentum questions. I don't think they can really pick anything else

Due you rate they might hit us with some suvat and forces just for fun? Actually nervous of them throwing that in cause I'm at capacity hahaha
Due you rate they might hit us with some suvat and forces just for fun? Actually nervous of them throwing that in cause I'm at capacity hahaha

I think it's likely they'll show u a top down of the two cue balls collision, tell u its to scale and make u resolve the forces and prove if momentum / energy conserved. Apart from that idk why they would put random semantic q's in a paper 3

If suvat does come up it will be cp1 which is super simple :smile:
Original post by tonkkus
I think it's likely they'll show u a top down of the two cue balls collision, tell u its to scale and make u resolve the forces and prove if momentum / energy conserved. Apart from that idk why they would put random semantic q's in a paper 3

But isn’t that what they did in paper 1
Also from the spec points it looks like AS momentum the only thing I can see is probably decreasing the force by increasing the time of momentum or deriving momentum equation in terms of newtons 2nd law
Original post by rehena12
But isn’t that what they did in paper 1

Pretty much but in a less practical sense
My nerves this morning are a joke man! Anyone else? Please let this paper be kind!
Same I’m feeling all panicky now however just going to relax and ease myself in and start off with the graph to get worst thing out of the way first easy 10 marks if done correctly
Honestly can't wait for this to be over and Physics to be done! Hooray for this being the last paper and fingers crossed none of us need to resit them!
Honestly can't wait for this to be over and Physics to be done! Hooray for this being the last paper and fingers crossed none of us need to resit them!

Good luck 👍 try n remember the questions so we can talk them thru after
Omds! That was the best physics exam ever!
How did it go?
Reply 53
Starting the post-paper discussion.
My time management was very bad, I took a huge amount of time on the graphing one when I should have skipped it and moved on to others. I basically left the last two questions unanswered, which total some 30+ marks, whereas the graphing one was 9. Very stupid of me, but can't do anything about it now.
For all the rest, I did not think that they were exceedingly difficult. I also think that the test makers have been watching too much Veritasium on Youtube, because two of the problems were very similar to videos I've seen of him.
What I remember:
Energy dissipation of the bullet-block I got 491 Joules.
Graphing lnV - degree C, I got b = - 2.6.
Potential difference in one question I got 6.6 V.
Years for the radioactive water to reach OK levels I got 1033 years.
EDIT1:
Slapping chicken one I got that it was not enough energy.

Can't remember much of the others that were not written.
(edited 1 year ago)
Sorry, but i was laughing when i saw the slapping chicken question.:yes:
Making me worried. My gradient for the ln graph was -0.0027, got 1402 years and p.d was 2.2V
Original post by Barbpp
Starting the post-paper discussion.
My time management was very bad, I took a huge amount of time on the graphing one when I should have skipped it and moved on to others. I basically left the last two questions unanswered, which total some 30+ marks, whereas the graphing one was 9. Very stupid of me, but can't do anything about it now.
For all the rest, I did not think that they were exceedingly difficult. I also think that the test makers have been watching too much Veritasium on Youtube, because two of the problems were very similar to videos I've seen of him.
What I remember:
Energy dissipation of the bullet-block I got 491 Joules.
Graphing lnV - degree C, I got b = - 2.6.
Potential difference in one question I got 6.6 V.
Years for the radioactive water to reach OK levels I got 1033 years.

Can't remember much of the others that were not written.
Same here 🤣
Original post by lily1228
Sorry, but i was laughing when i saw the slapping chicken question.:yes:
Reply 57
Original post by Speaking_04
Making me worried. My gradient for the ln graph was -0.0027, got 1402 years and p.d was 2.2V

I got the same values as you
Original post by Speaking_04

My gradient was 0.03 I got 1402 as well and 2.2 as well
Ah ok. Guess I'm not alone 😅

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending