The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Physics Paper 3: 9PH0 03 - 16 June 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by ajchk
For the one with the projectile and the box i got the projectile's velocity as something like 88m/s and the energy lost as around 250J

I got 124.7 m/s for the velocity and 491J.
I remember projectile was 0.065 Kg, block was 2.4 kg, and it went up 55 cm = 0.55m after collision.
I set mgh = 1/2 mv^2, then used mv projectile = mv projectile-block system.
Can someone tell me if the half life question (32 days one) was enough time? I didn't get it as enough time after dividing by 2^4. And then calculating pressure using ideal gas equation. Highly likely that I got part of it wrong.
Original post by Failure2022
Can someone tell me if the half life question (32 days one) was enough time? I didn't get it as enough time after dividing by 2^4. And then calculating pressure using ideal gas equation. Highly likely that I got part of it wrong.

It was enough time
Original post by BlackAnaconda
I don’t remember any of the calculations but I remember that 32 days was enough time since I worked out the number of particles with the gas equation and then used that number along with the number they gave us to work out the time for the initial number of nuclei to reach the final number of nuclei and it was less than 32 days

I did the same thing, but I did initial N - calculated number of nuclei to get N. That got me like 20ish days or something, so yeah, less than 32 days.
Hey guys, what was the last question on the paper? I’m just really paranoid that I missed out a page
Reply 85
Original post by Barbpp
I got 124.7 m/s for the velocity and 491J.
I remember projectile was 0.065 Kg, block was 2.4 kg, and it went up 55 cm = 0.55m after collision.
I set mgh = 1/2 mv^2, then used mv projectile = mv projectile-block system.

ah shoot you're probably right
I tried to do suvat with the 55cm and find the velocity off of that
exactly what I did
Original post by Sgsgsg
Yeah I think you had to take away the nuclei after 32 days from the initial nuclei to just get the number of xenon nuclei, which got just over 1x10^5 for me
Original post by Speaking_04
exactly what I did

That makes sense as well. Crap. Oh well hopefully I get a few marks for forgetting to take away from the initial sample.
Original post by mkneebone04
List of Q i can remember so far - pls fill in gaps / rearrange
1. Spring extension - data and improve the method
3. Chicken
4. Pendulum
6. Torch
7. Projectile
8. Thermistor
9. Led experiment compare circuits and work out the pd
10. graph radiative decay
11. earthquake
12. Radioactive decay pressure
13. String

Think question 2 was on terminal velocity I think
Reply 89
Original post by rehena12

I think you are right - the honey question.
I got honey A on that one.
Original post by rehena12

what was the very last question on the paper asking for ? I’m just really paranoid that I missed out a page/ part of question 13
It was a question on mass per unit length for 6 marks
Original post by Liliana.ernser
what was the very last question on the paper asking for ? I’m just really paranoid that I missed out a page/ part of question 13
A mass per unit length question for 6 marks about testing if the students answer is correct
Original post by Liliana.ernser
Hey guys, what was the last question on the paper? I’m just really paranoid that I missed out a page
Original post by Jonathan314159
It was a question on mass per unit length for 6 marks

Ok good, thank you!!
What scale did everyone have for their graphs?
Did you all get the mass per unit as out of range? I got the min acceptable value as 2.15 something and the actuall mass per unit was 2.14 I think
Anyone remember exam questions
Original post by From456
Did you all get the mass per unit as out of range? I got the min acceptable value as 2.15 something and the actuall mass per unit was 2.14 I think

Similar to what I got I got absolute unc as 0.05-what was your absolute uncertainty?
(edited 1 year ago)
What did you guys say for the how was antinode formed question
Original post by From456

Nah I got 2.05 as the minimum accepted value. Did you do uncertainty in d as half the range over 2, and in density it was the uncertainty given so total % uncertainty = 2(% uncert in d) + %uncert in density?
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending