The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Physics Paper 3: 9PH0 03 - 16 June 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hpandswfan
It was 0.55 0.57 0.58 and 0.59 0.55 is too far away from all 3 the rest are all one within each other

Ehh idk i can see you’re case but if say the true value was 0.58 then 0.55 is only 0.03 away which considering its a micrometer reading its absolutely minuscule, and anomalies tend to be ‘spottable’ if you’re looking for a correlation which isn’t what the data was trying to show, if we were plotting it on a graph or something then maybe but we were just given raw data and asked to see if the given value fitted it
Original post by Cheekyanon
Ehh idk i can see you’re case but if say the true value was 0.58 then 0.55 is only 0.03 away which considering its a micrometer reading its absolutely minuscule, and anomalies tend to be ‘spottable’ if you’re looking for a correlation which isn’t what the data was trying to show, if we were plotting it on a graph or something then maybe but we were just given raw data and asked to see if the given value fitted it

Yeah you’re right pretty sure I lost all the marks for that
Original post by Hpandswfan
Yeah you’re right pretty sure I lost all the marks for that

Nah method marks will still be there for sure
Original post by Cheekyanon
E=mcΔθ to find the energy needed and then use the energy transferred from a total of 8000 slaps to get what is transferred - the energy transferred in 8000 slaps was not sufficient to raise the temperature since the efficiency of the transfer of energy from the hand was 65%, and obviously in the second part the assumption was wrong because energy would be lost from the chicken between slaps haha

Pretty sure I did E=mcT and did some working out because my head went dead in that section so I’m hoping I collected at least 2 marks in that question
I know exams ended ages ago but I'm slowly loosing it after exam season I thought I did enough but now I'm wondering if edexcel will be super harsh or will they mark positively. I remember gcses they mark positively is it the same for a levels

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending