The Student Room Group

Trinity College Dublin Medicine 2022

Has someone here applied to tcd ?

Scroll to see replies

Hi, so I applied to TCD medicine for the 2021 cycle, got an offer and decided to defer to this year for personal reasons. If you have any questions I'll be happy to answer them! :smile:
Original post by appleworm
Hi, so I applied to TCD medicine for the 2021 cycle, got an offer and decided to defer to this year for personal reasons. If you have any questions I'll be happy to answer them! :smile:

are you an international student?
when did you apply and when did you get an offer ?
Original post by sherdilsherazi
are you an international student?
when did you apply and when did you get an offer ?

I'm from the UK so at the time I applied I was considered an EU student. The only difference between this and an actual international student is that I didn't have to do an interview, it was just the HPAT.

I got an offer from TCD on the 7th of September.
Reply 4
I'm from the UK so at the time I applied I was considered an EU student. The only difference between this and an actual international student is that I didn't have to do an interview, it was just the HPAT.

I got an offer from TCD on the 7th of September.

i think it's still the same for us, with it being just HPAT and no interview. Did u apply thru UCAS too, and if so how did you deal with offers from UK med schools whilst waiting for the ROI offers?
Reply 5
I applied directly to TCD, I am an international student and I have not heard back from them. Should I be worried?
Original post by abd.exe
I applied directly to TCD, I am an international student and I have not heard back from them. Should I be worried?

I called them few days back they said it can take up to August to get a decision
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
I called them few days back they said it can take up to August to get a decision

Oh, wow. Okay, thanks. Does this include interview invites?
Has anyone received offers from TCD?
Reply 9
Thanks for this information, i applied this year, still waiting my HPAT result in june then advanced highers in august. How did you handle the language other than english requirement. Also did you receive an acknowledge of your application before eventually receiving an offer?

Hi, I got an offer for the 2022 entry and I would like to defer for personal reasons. I have sent an email to the academic registry to request for a deferral. May I know how the deferral process works and how likely they are to grant the deferral? thanks (:
Reply 11
ik this is old, but has everyone got their HPAT results?
Hi, I know this is an old post . Still curious to know when did you finally get your offer. I have applied to TCD medicine this year as an international student. Yet to hear from them.
My son has applied to TCD Medicine fall 2023 as an international student with IB qualifications and he has recived an email saying that he is in wait list last week
What is the next step? and what the chance to get off the wait list?
Thanks
Original post by Adel Saleh
My son has applied to TCD Medicine fall 2023 as an international student with IB qualifications and he has recived an email saying that he is in wait list last week
What is the next step? and what the chance to get off the wait list?
Thanks

Last week even I received an email from TCD saying that on waitlisted. No idea how much time TCD takes to release final decision.
Have any international students applied through IUMC for 2023 entry and gotten interview invites/ offers?
Reply 16
My son has applied to TCD for Fall 2023 Medicine as an International student and received an email saying that he has been in Wait list.
Any idea what is the next step? and what is the chance to get off the wait list?
Reply 17
Original post by Adel Saleh
My son has applied to TCD for Fall 2023 Medicine as an International student and received an email saying that he has been in Wait list.
Any idea what is the next step? and what is the chance to get off the wait list?

My daughter too, even without the inteview, very weired.
I know this is old but I was also placed on a waitlist. I emailed them for a follow-up and was told they will be sending out offers up until the end of August. If you don't receive an invite by then, your application will be marked unsuccessful.

Has anyone been taken off the waitlist yet? I know they'll most likely be sending out more offers once A-levels results are released, but I wanted to know if anyone has gotten to interview before that).
Hey, has anyone on the waitlist heard back from TCD?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending