The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Physics Paper 1 Higher Tier 1PH0 1H - 9 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Strix4748
What did people do for the drawing question? And what control variables?

I drew a can with each of the materials and a scanner but I had no idea for that
Original post by TJdhdhrb
I drew a can with each of the materials and a scanner but I had no idea for that

confused me too, I did a large can with the material then the smaller can inside it with the water. I put the thermometer in the water and the stop clock on the outside.
if that makes sense, honestly not a clue tho
Original post by alexx.
Sorry just realised im igcse ahha

My daughter is doing IGCSE triple - how did you find the Physics today ? Her class thought it much harder than expected based on all the past papers they’ve been doing
Original post by _faizahh
Same! I don't feel confident on a single one of my answers AT ALL. The questions were all so weird and random? Literally every single past paper has been fine, but this was next level horrendous

right!! im predicted a 9 as well but that paper was so weird, exactly the questions were so random
and it was even worse for me bc we had bad invigilators today who didnt do the time properly and they didnt even tell us that the time is done they just started collecting everyone's paper and so i missed out so many marks bc i wasnt sure when we're done
its so disappointing for the people predicted high grades bc this paper was very disadvantageous
Original post by leilaagdjdgsh
that was the worst physics paper i have ever done. i’ve been predicted a 9 in physics for the past 2 years but i didn’t at all know half of the questions.

Did you do IGCSE or GCSE ? My daughter did IGCSE - the whole class thought it hard compared to mocks/past papers of weigh they do have done tons
Original post by _faizahh
Same! I don't feel confident on a single one of my answers AT ALL. The questions were all so weird and random? Literally every single past paper has been fine, but this was next level horrendous

Was it the IGCSE paper ?
Original post by noora1233
right!! im predicted a 9 as well but that paper was so weird, exactly the questions were so random
and it was even worse for me bc we had bad invigilators today who didnt do the time properly and they didnt even tell us that the time is done they just started collecting everyone's paper and so i missed out so many marks bc i wasnt sure when we're done
its so disappointing for the people predicted high grades bc this paper was very disadvantageous

Was this IGCSE? My daughter did IGCSE Edexcel triple - they all thought it awful compared to all the past papers they’ve done and strangle worded questions etc
Original post by ilovelemons
Was this IGCSE? My daughter did IGCSE Edexcel triple - they all thought it awful compared to all the past papers they’ve done and strangle worded questions etc

no gcse! but it seems that edexcel on a whole was not that nice with the questions hence igcse being hard too
confused me too, I did a large can with the material then the smaller can inside it with the water. I put the thermometer in the water and the stop clock on the outside.
if that makes sense, honestly not a clue tho

oh **** i didn't do that. i just drew material around each small can and around each large can, water and thermometers inside all and the stopwatch outside. do you think i would still get the marks cuz it's kind of the same idea about having the insulation around the can?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by taylorjones5005
oh **** i didn't do that. i just drew material around each small can and around each large can, water and thermometers inside all and the stopwatch outside. do you think i would still get the marks cuz it's kind of the same idea about having the insulation around the can?

honestly not sure if mines even right but I'm sure you will, I thought it only gave you one of each item so the idea of mine was that it could be repeated for both materials I guess
honestly not sure if mines even right but I'm sure you will, I thought it only gave you one of each item so the idea of mine was that it could be repeated for both materials I guess

IDK about that question, i just drew something completely random and dk how many marks I will get. I drew the can with the water in it, the thermometer in it, the sand and sawdust in it and the stopwatch outside and labelled and explained it. Will I get 0/1/2
Original post by ilovelemons

Phew I’m glad I wasn’t the only one that found that extremely confusing
i hope the grade boundaries are lower... if we all struggled surely it won't be high?

If we average about 78% per paper, that's a 9
what did you draw for the sand and sawpaper one as you seem to be targeting a 9

Original post by madzzzzina
i hope the grade boundaries are lower... if we all struggled surely it won't be high?

If we average about 78% per paper, that's a 9
Original post by Jiten2006

Can someone tell me about that question, i just drew something completely random and dk how many marks I will get. I drew the can with the water in it, the thermometer in it, the sand and sawdust in it and the stopwatch outside and labelled and explained it. Will I get 0/1/2

Well that question I'm unsure about.

I drew the large copper can with sand, and the smaller copper can with the boiling water. Then I drew a stopwatch outside. I stupidly forgot to draw the thermometer in the water.

I wasn't sure if we were meant to draw BOTH experiments (for the sand and the sawdust), but I did say to repeat everything except replace the sand with the sawdust.
Well that question I'm unsure about.

I drew the large copper can with sand, and the smaller copper can with the boiling water. Then I drew a stopwatch outside. I stupidly forgot to draw the thermometer in the water.

I wasn't sure if we were meant to draw BOTH experiments (for the sand and the sawdust), but I did say to repeat everything except replace the sand with the sawdust.

would I get any marks for that... can you check my answer on top. Thanks
Can someone tell me about that question, i just drew something completely random and dk how many marks I will get. I drew the can with the water in it, the thermometer in it, the sand and sawdust in it and the stopwatch outside and labelled and explained it. Will I get 0/1/2

did you draw diagrams for both materials?

You'll get marks for having the can with the water inside the larger can with the material. If you've done this and everything else you said you've done, you'll get the full marks.
(edited 1 year ago)
did you draw diagrams for both materials?

You'll get marks for having the can with the water inside the larger can with the material. If you've done this and everything else you said you've done, you'll get the full marks.

Oh thanks, I thought since i didnt use the smaller can i would lose marks but this makes sense as it is the same thing. How many marks per paper would you say you need for grade 8/ grade 9 as everyone seems to be struggling with this paper
Original post by alexx.
I got 6N for one of the force calculations and 19m/s for the speed of tje rollercoaster

I got those answers as well!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending