The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Physics Paper 1 Higher Tier 1PH0 1H - 9 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Edexcel GCSE Physics Paper 1 Higher Tier 1PH0 1H - 9 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Thursday 9th June PM
Length: 1h45

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys,
I don't even know if anyone will see this but as our Physics exam is approaching, I wanted to list some resources that are really good for revision:

Cognito on Youtube - you can also check their website for quizzes, exam practice etc

FreeScienceLessons the legend himself on Youtube

SaveMyExams - their revision notes are really good, they also provide some exam questions

BBC Bitesize - basic ik, but it will help you understand some of the harder topics

MyGCSEScience - so this is a website that you would have to pay for for full access, however, they have some of their videos on Youtube too so I do suggest taking a look

Malmesbury Education on Youtube - they carry out all the practicals you've learnt in lessons

Some people are probably aware of these but some people aren't and if anyone has any other good websites that they use, please share :smile:
How did the exam go? :smile:
Absolutely awful ☠️
Some questions were alright, there was quite a lot of equation questions. I did answer every question but I was not confident in any of the answers I wrote
Reply 4
hi all
what score you give to this paper out of 10 being very difficult and score of 1 being very easy.
I would say 3 because I managed to write an answer to every question and I had fairly good knowledge in the stuff they asked about
Like I knew a fairly decent amount about xrays and radiowaves
The Advanced info wasn't too good though :/
Guys what answers did you get for any of the qs?
Reply 7
Original post by Studentio10
Guys what answers did you get for any of the qs?

I got 6N for one of the force calculations and 19m/s for the speed of tje rollercoaster
(edited 1 year ago)
it was an awful paper, what in the world was the Xray 6 marker
Original post by alexx.
I got 6N for one of the force calculations and 19m/s for the speed of tje rollercoaster

Edexcel triple?
Reply 10
Original post by MayaVellichor
Edexcel triple?

Sorry just realised im igcse ahha
that was the worst physics paper i have ever done. i’ve been predicted a 9 in physics for the past 2 years but i didn’t at all know half of the questions.
Original post by madzzzzina

It took me a few seconds to recall some facts about x and radiwaves
Original post by MayaVellichor
It took me a few seconds to recall some facts about x and radiwaves

what did you write for it?
what did you write for it?

Radio waves and x rays are transverse waves. Radiowaves are produced from oscillations of an electron in an alternating current circuit, whereas x rays are produced by electrons that have too much energy. After the Xray is emitted, the electron moves to a lower energy level, closer to the positive nucleus? (not sure about that last one)
Radiowaves are used in communications because they can travel a long distance, whereas xrays are used in medical scanning where the xrays are reflected by the denser bones and then detected to create an image.
Radiowaves have a longer wavelength, whereas xrays have a shorter wavelength.

Its probably not enough for 6 marks but I hope i can get a few marks for it...
WHAT was that seismic waves question 😭😭 I just realised now that I wrote a really inaccurate answer and probably got like 1 mark max but fair enough I was so tired

tbh the x-rays question wasn’t that bad (may have gotten 5/6 idk) and the rest of the paper was okay-ish

I wrote 2 lines lol
Reply 17
Very accessible paper. 9/10 would sit again.
What did people do for the drawing question? And what control variables?
Original post by totallynotshri
WHAT was that seismic waves question 😭😭 I just realised now that I wrote a really inaccurate answer and probably got like 1 mark max but fair enough I was so tired

I wasn't really sure what to write either...

I wrote something about s and p waves being able to transmit through the outer layer of the earth therefore it must be solid, but only p waves being able to get through the earth's core so it should be at least particially liquid.
I then talked a bit about the shadow zones due to refraction, cause the p waves passed through to a part of the earth's core with a different density...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending