The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Physics Paper 1 Higher Tier 1PH0 1H - 9 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by whatdoiputheree
did you guys think the paper for triple&higher lined up with the advanced information? i cant really tell. the paper felt so weird to me in general..

Don't worry I agree :smile: it was weird
for the question where you had to prove something was about 0.025 and the question after you had to use it in the equation were you supposed to use 0.025 or the exact value you just calculated
Original post by Strix4748
for the question where you had to prove something was about 0.025 and the question after you had to use it in the equation were you supposed to use 0.025 or the exact value you just calculated

I don't know, but I used 0.025. Despite being predicted a 9 I found the whole test rather confusing
oh I used the exact value, it didn't make it clear which to use, the same thing happened on a similar question

I just used the value I calculated (which was 0.024 for some reason, but it looked correct)
Original post by Jiten2006
which rollercoaster? Was it in edexcel or aqa as this is the edexcel paper 1 2022 paper

It was the Edexcel paper (IGCSE though)
Original post by whatdoiputheree
did you guys think the paper for triple&higher lined up with the advanced information? i cant really tell. the paper felt so weird to me in general..

Was this the IGCSE paper ?
Original post by xrahh.ls
It was the Edexcel paper (IGCSE though)

My daughter did the IGCSE - what did you think of it ?
Original post by bubble1114
I don't know, but I used 0.025. Despite being predicted a 9 I found the whole test rather confusing

Was this IGCSE ? Many in my daughters class also found it confusing and questions worded weirdly
Original post by totallynotshri
Fr I’m predicted a 9 but I felt like I was second guessing every question

Was this the IGCSE? My daughters class did IGCSE and found it very strange compared to all the past paper/revision stuff they’ve done
Original post by ilovelemons
Was this the IGCSE paper ?

im talking about GCSE edexcel but i've heard that one was weird aswell
Reply 71
What did people do for the drawing question? And what control variables?

Water in small container surrounded by the material in big container. Add thermometer
Original post by madzzzzina
it was an awful paper, what in the world was the Xray 6 marker

Also the advanced info said they cut out electromagnetic spectrum..is radio waves and x rays not electromagnetic spectrum???
Original post by ilovelemons
Was this the IGCSE? My daughters class did IGCSE and found it very strange compared to all the past paper/revision stuff they’ve done

Oh it's not! The whole thread is for the GCSE exam taken in the UK :smile: I did do Edexcel IGCSE and the topics in this paper are slightly different to that (I have friends who sat the Edexcel IGCSE exam and they said it was easy so I'm not sure)
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by madzzzzina
did you draw diagrams for both materials?

You'll get marks for having the can with the water inside the larger can with the material. If you've done this and everything else you said you've done, you'll get the full marks.

if you drew 2 small cans and 2 large cans and drew sand coated around the small and large one and the same for sawdust, do you think we would still get the marks seeing as it's the same idea of having the insulating material coating the outside of the can? did we also have to do a written explanation or was a labelled diagram enough?

also, for the question that said, "show the answer is about... (e.g. 2m/s)" and there's a follow on question that required you to use that value in the calculation, do you use the 'about' value or the exact value? or would both be okay seeing as its ambiguous?
Original post by taylorjones5005
if you drew 2 small cans and 2 large cans and drew sand coated around the small and large one and the same for sawdust, do you think we would still get the marks seeing as it's the same idea of having the insulating material coating the outside of the can? did we also have to do a written explanation or was a labelled diagram enough?

also, for the question that said, "show the answer is about... (e.g. 2m/s)" and there's a follow on question that required you to use that value in the calculation, do you use the 'about' value or the exact value? or would both be okay seeing as its ambiguous?

I used the exact value, but they shouldn't mark you down for using the rounded value
Original post by MayaVellichor
I used the exact value, but they shouldn't mark you down for using the rounded value

okay cool - what about the cans? would i lost all of the marks or maybe just 1 seeing as it’s largely the same idea of coating the cans with insulation?

also, do you remember how many marks the tennis ball and racket calculation was?
Original post by taylorjones5005
okay cool - what about the cans? would i lost all of the marks or maybe just 1 seeing as it’s largely the same idea of coating the cans with insulation?

also, do you remember how many marks the tennis ball and racket calculation was?

You wouldn't lose more than 1 mark for the can one and I think the tennis ball was 3 or 4 marks
Original post by leilaagdjdgsh
that was the worst physics paper i have ever done. i’ve been predicted a 9 in physics for the past 2 years but i didn’t at all know half of the questions.

Hey don't worry about it, most people found it difficult/weird. I also thought it was the most difficult physics exam I had done, and I know many others found it difficult/were confused/ didn't even finish. I think the worst thing about the paper was it felt time pressured which is unusual for a science paper (at least in my experience). So don't fret we are all in the same boat.
What did people do for the drawing question? And what control variables?

Did it ask for control variables?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending