The Student Room Group

UCL KCL Mpharm 2023

Hi I got an interview offer for both UCL and KCL in January and completed it in Feburary. However, I haven't yet gotten an offer. An email was send out weeks ago from UCL that it might take a bit time for them to give out offers due to the overloading number of applicants.
Did most of you completed interviewing? or is it just me who's waiting on for the results
Reply 1
Original post by lalalallas
Hi I got an interview offer for both UCL and KCL in January and completed it in Feburary. However, I haven't yet gotten an offer. An email was send out weeks ago from UCL that it might take a bit time for them to give out offers due to the overloading number of applicants.
Did most of you completed interviewing? or is it just me who's waiting on for the results

I’ve also applied to both UCL and KCL. I sent my application early November, had the UCL test and interview in early December, and the KCL interview just two weeks ago, and I haven’t heard back from any of them after that (except the UCL email about the delay, which you got too)

I haven’t heard of anyone at all who’s got an offer for UCL or KCL MPharm this year. I’ve seen a few rejections, but I haven’t heard anyone get an offer this year. Last year, people only started hearing back from UCL in late April and early may, so I’m guessing that’s roughly when we’re looking at hearing back from UCL? (just a guess) I’m not too sure about KCL.
So you’re not the only one!! A lot of us are in the same boat as you
Hope this helped :smile:
Has anyone heard from UCL or KCL? I did both pf my interviews in March but haven't heard anything from them.
Reply 3
Original post by elizabethmorin
Has anyone heard from UCL or KCL? I did both of my interviews in March but haven't heard anything from them.

I had just recently gotten offers from both UCL and KCL for pharmacy. I sent my UCAS application a few days before the deadline, got interviews in mid-March, and then got my unconditional offer in mid-April. From what I remember of the online session before undergoing the online test, the UCL Pharmacy lecturer informed us to not expect any decisions until mid-April but realistically because of the high number of applicants you may not get any news until early May. I say if you haven't gotten a rejection so far, do not be discouraged, they are still considering you!
I got an offer from KCL and I did my interview in March as well. So hopefully you'll hear back from them soon :smile:
Interview at the end of feb - KCL
But I haven't heard anything...... Should I worry....?
Reply 6
Hi Jaehoon! I understand that waiting for decisions is a very stressful time and although it is easier said than done I say to not worry. I believe the latest you can get offers from KCL is May 19 and it is only mid-April! :smile:
Original post by DianneN
Hi Jaehoon! I understand that waiting for decisions is a very stressful time and although it is easier said than done I say to not worry. I believe the latest you can get offers from KCL is May 19 and it is only mid-April! :smile:

Tysm about replying my queries!!!
Tbh, I alread got an offer from cardiff, aston and rejected from manchester and nott.
It means that KCL is the final hope....
Reply 8
Original post by Jaehoon Lee
Tysm about replying my queries!!!
Tbh, I alread got an offer from cardiff, aston and rejected from manchester and nott.
It means that KCL is the final hope....

No worries you are very welcome! I also got an offer from Cardiff that's very nice to hear from you since I find Cardiff to be an exceptional uni for Pharmacy. We may unknowingly pass by each other at the Cardiff offer events or maybe even at King's! Either way congratulations and enjoy studying Pharmacy!
Original post by agsingam
I got an offer from KCL and I did my interview in March as well. So hopefully you'll hear back from them soon :smile:

How long did it take them to get back to you?
Original post by elizabethmorin
How long did it take them to get back to you?

they took 2 weeks to give me an offer
Original post by DianneN
I had just recently gotten offers from both UCL and KCL for pharmacy. I sent my UCAS application a few days before the deadline, got interviews in mid-March, and then got my unconditional offer in mid-April. From what I remember of the online session before undergoing the online test, the UCL Pharmacy lecturer informed us to not expect any decisions until mid-April but realistically because of the high number of applicants you may not get any news until early May. I say if you haven't gotten a rejection so far, do not be discouraged, they are still considering you!

Hi! what do you think made you stand out in your personal statement? I want to apply for Pharmacy too
Original post by 17rbegum
Hi! what do you think made you stand out in your personal statement? I want to apply for Pharmacy too

Hello! I believe the main things were the online courses, work experience and the initiative I had to take things further from my experiences through independent research. The online course I completed was pharmacy-related and from that course, I took a topic I found interesting from that course and decided to do a research paper on it. Furthermore, I had the opportunity to shadow a pharmacist and from that experience underwent some mini-research projects. Additionally, during 6th form, I had the chance to be a hospital volunteer and was able to express my abilities to become a pharmacist from that.
Original post by DianneN
Hello! I believe the main things were the online courses, work experience and the initiative I had to take things further from my experiences through independent research. The online course I completed was pharmacy-related and from that course, I took a topic I found interesting from that course and decided to do a research paper on it. Furthermore, I had the opportunity to shadow a pharmacist and from that experience underwent some mini-research projects. Additionally, during 6th form, I had the chance to be a hospital volunteer and was able to express my abilities to become a pharmacist from

okay, thank you for this! can I ask how you got the hospital volunteering? I have work experience at a pharmacy but not at a hospital, I have been trying to find experience at a hospital but it is very difficult
okay, thank you for this! can I ask how you got the hospital volunteering? I have work experience at a pharmacy but not at a hospital, I have been trying to find experience at a hospital but it is very difficult

My hospital volunteering happened back in 2021 and I did apply online at the hospital website. I believe it was easier to apply back then and also I had the advantage to become a volunteer since my mother did work at the same hospital.
Original post by DianneN
My hospital volunteering happened back in 2021 and I did apply online at the hospital website. I believe it was easier to apply back then and also I had the advantage to become a volunteer since my mother did work at the same hospital.

Was this a 6 months programme? if not how long did you volunteer for?
Was this a 6 months programme? if not how long did you volunteer for?

It wasn't a 6-month programme, you could volunteer for as long as you wanted. I volunteered for 5 months then left to prioritise my A-level mock exams.
Original post by hilife
I’ve also applied to both UCL and KCL. I sent my application early November, had the UCL test and interview in early December, and the KCL interview just two weeks ago, and I haven’t heard back from any of them after that (except the UCL email about the delay, which you got too)

I haven’t heard of anyone at all who’s got an offer for UCL or KCL MPharm this year. I’ve seen a few rejections, but I haven’t heard anyone get an offer this year. Last year, people only started hearing back from UCL in late April and early may, so I’m guessing that’s roughly when we’re looking at hearing back from UCL? (just a guess) I’m not too sure about KCL.
So you’re not the only one!! A lot of us are in the same boat as you
Hope this helped :smile:

Hello, can I please ask what work experience/ extracurriculars you took part in before applying? I want to apply for Pharmacy too
Reply 18
Original post by agsingam

what were ur predicted grades??
Reply 19
Original post by DianneN
No worries you are very welcome! I also got an offer from Cardiff that's very nice to hear from you since I find Cardiff to be an exceptional uni for Pharmacy. We may unknowingly pass by each other at the Cardiff offer events or maybe even at King's! Either way congratulations and enjoy studying Pharmacy!

whatt were ur predicted grades??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending