The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Physics Paper 3 7408/3 - 16 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

guys how do i revise for the practicals as I am really bad at them and worried, I can memorise the practicals off by heart but I am not sure if they would ask us about any more practicals than the ones listed in the adv info
Reply 61
Original post by abdul 580
guys how do i revise for the practicals as I am really bad at them and worried, I can memorise the practicals off by heart but I am not sure if they would ask us about any more practicals than the ones listed in the adv info

you mean "when" they ask us. the paper 2 we just had I'm not so sure about adv info anymore. Paper 3 material is very hard to find. I don't even know where to find astrophysics resources. still don't know why this paper is 33% when it should be like 10% of our grades.
Reply 62

This should be the easier paper. All previous paper 3s have had 3 questions on different practicals, and they have given us 3 practicals to revise. I highly doubt any other practicals will be referenced.
As for how to revise them I would head to Science Shorts on YouTube, he's got good videos on all the practicals and the things you should take from them.
What option are you doing? If it's engineering they have also been very specific about which parts of the engineering module they will assess.
Original post by d4r
This should be the easier paper. All previous paper 3s have had 3 questions on different practicals, and they have given us 3 practicals to revise. I highly doubt any other practicals will be referenced.
As for how to revise them I would head to Science Shorts on YouTube, he's got good videos on all the practicals and the things you should take from them.
What option are you doing? If it's engineering they have also been very specific about which parts of the engineering module they will assess.

I do turning points which should be easier but idk yet because i havent done any past papers because of how slow my skl is at teaching us the content
Reply 64
Original post by K23E23
you mean "when" they ask us. the paper 2 we just had I'm not so sure about adv info anymore. Paper 3 material is very hard to find. I don't even know where to find astrophysics resources. still don't know why this paper is 33% when it should be like 10% of our grades.

Pretty sure Science Shorts has done a playlist on astrophysics. Not sure how well he explains it tho as I dont do it. Also Physics and Maths tutor has some good stuff
I would have faith in the advanced info for this paper, should be much more accurate than the other two.
Reply 65

q2/q3 from 2018 paper 3 and q2/q3 from 2020 paper 3 are about some of the topics on adv info.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by fortified_shi
section A and B yh?

Yes pls and ty
Reply 67
https://resources.collins.co.uk/files/217767_Astro_Physics.pdf
For those of you doing astrophysics this should help.
odds on aqa not sticking to the advance info for section A?
Reply 69
Original post by fluffypoopies

Low for section A, but you could get 30-40% outside adv info for section B. AQA made a lot of mistakes in GCSE and A level physics in terms of not following adv info.

They have to because there is usually 3 questions in this section so the 3 topics that they told us that would come up are going to be those that were listed

I feel the exact same and I had a mock on paper 3A and knew all the practicals really well but did terribly because id never seen any questions like them
They have to because there is usually 3 questions in this section so the 3 topics that they told us that would come up are going to be those that were listed

yh but i just feel like theyre gonna be cruel anyway and start linking topics not mentioned. like they could have a q regarding electricity and then start including capacitor knowledge in it too
Reply 73
Paper 3 Section A is so strange, any guidance on how to revise for those type of questions?
yh but i just feel like theyre gonna be cruel anyway and start linking topics not mentioned. like they could have a q regarding electricity and then start including capacitor knowledge in it too

I hope u r being sarcastic, it’ll be ridiculous if that actually happened, but again it did… and if the grade boundaries somehow managed to be as high as 2019 I will be doomed
Reply 75
Original post by LeoHsieh20040725
I hope u r being sarcastic, it’ll be ridiculous if that actually happened, but again it did… and if the grade boundaries somehow managed to be as high as 2019 I will be doomed

198 for A*, 171 for A, 143 for B. This is actually ridiculous.
Original post by K23E23
198 for A*, 171 for A, 143 for B. This is actually ridiculous.

hopefully they will be lower this year - 2019 was unusually high
Original post by LeoHsieh20040725

aqa r just evil and unpredictable ahdjsnf there was honestly no point in them even giving advance info for paper 2 lol it was just misleading af
aqa r just evil and unpredictable ahdjsnf there was honestly no point in them even giving advance info for paper 2 lol it was just misleading af

I am just hoping this years grade boundaries is like last year 128/250 for a B, otherwise I’ll have to go to clearing, I just wish aqa come to a sense that they shouldn’t be f***ing with our future anymore
Original post by cata03
hopefully they will be lower this year - 2019 was unusually high

There was a 20% difference in Grades between June 2019 and June 2021 so if AQA's announcement about grades being a midpoint between the two wasn't bs then there will be 10% more ppl that get each grade (A* - 21.6% in 2021 compared to 8.7% in 2019, A - 46.6% in 2021 compared to 27.9% in 2019 and so on...)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending