The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Physics Paper 3 7408/3 - 16 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TomD1234
There was a 20% difference in Grades between June 2019 and June 2021 so if AQA's announcement about grades being a midpoint between the two wasn't bs then there will be 10% more ppl that get each grade (A* - 21.6% in 2021 compared to 8.7% in 2019, A - 46.6% in 2021 compared to 27.9% in 2019 and so on...)

Thanks that's really helpful!! and reassuring hahaha
Original post by TomD1234
There was a 20% difference in Grades between June 2019 and June 2021 so if AQA's announcement about grades being a midpoint between the two wasn't bs then there will be 10% more ppl that get each grade (A* - 21.6% in 2021 compared to 8.7% in 2019, A - 46.6% in 2021 compared to 27.9% in 2019 and so on...)

knowing aqa i just feel like they wont stick to that either😂
Original post by abdul 580
I do turning points which should be easier but idk yet because i havent done any past papers because of how slow my skl is at teaching us the content

How are you going to revise for turning points? For me, I really just wanna stick to the advanced information tbh cuz the 3 bullets points that AQA listed could make up to 35 marks for the optional module, but there were some pretty high mark questions in paper 1 and paper 2 that weren't in advanced information so I'm just a bit panicking at this point, might just not revise some topics in Wave-Particle duality as it's long and some of them might not even come up.
Original post by Sodium229
How are you going to revise for turning points? For me, I really just wanna stick to the advanced information tbh cuz the 3 bullets points that AQA listed could make up to 35 marks for the optional module, but there were some pretty high mark questions in paper 1 and paper 2 that weren't in advanced information so I'm just a bit panicking at this point, might just not revise some topics in Wave-Particle duality as it's long and some of them might not even come up.

Ugh the option is so dense idk why we rush through it at the end of the course when it's like 15% of our grade. i don't think i'll revise too much outside the advance info, i have so many exams next week.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by cata03
Ugh the option is so dense idk why we rush through it at the end of the course when it's like 15% of our grade. i don't think i'll revise too much outside the advance info, i have so many exams next week.

Same, Imma just stick to the advanced information really, besides revising for turning points, the only topics that I'm gonna revise for are the topics where practicals will come up, thermal; current electricity and materials. Those 3 should make up to 45 marks I think, even if there are other topics that weren't in the advanced information in paper 3, I don't think it's going to be huge marks, maybe 4-5 marks. Also good luck in your exams, you will do well!!:smile:
I do turning points. I advise to revise everything. Knowing Aqa and their bs system they have. They’ll end up doing us dirty.
Original post by 2022 g
I do turning points. I advise to revise everything. Knowing Aqa and their bs system they have. They’ll end up doing us dirty.

True that, it's just that I'm a bit short on time so I'm thinking to leave out some information to revise in Wave-Particle duality. Might just try to understand and summarise everything if I have no time at the end.
Original post by 2022 g

I also feel like revising everything might be best, but since (for astrophysics, my topic) there are four topics on the advance info and four questions, how could they include additional topics without completely violating the advance info? I'm going to revise everything but focus mostly on the advance info topics.
Reply 88
Original post by penguingirl18
I also feel like revising everything might be best, but since (for astrophysics, my topic) there are four topics on the advance info and four questions, how could they include additional topics without completely violating the advance info? I'm going to revise everything but focus mostly on the advance info topics.

I've seen for astrophysics the astronomical telescope itself is usually for 3 marks, so outside of the advanced info I'm guessing they could include stuff like chromatic aberration (which is part of 3.9.1.2)
Original post by Sodium229
True that, it's just that I'm a bit short on time so I'm thinking to leave out some information to revise in Wave-Particle duality. Might just try to understand and summarise everything if I have no time at the end.

Thankfully some of turning points is paper 1 stuff (photoelectric and photon model, specific charge of the electron and wave particle duality)
I dislike special relativity. Ergh its long and I haven’t spent most of my time on it. Feeling like it will somehow come up, knowing AQA.
Original post by 2022 g
Thankfully some of turning points is paper 1 stuff (photoelectric and photon model, specific charge of the electron and wave particle duality)
I dislike special relativity. Ergh its long and I haven’t spent most of my time on it. Feeling like it will somehow come up, knowing AQA.

Yeah, that's good as we are familiar with it. I don't really like it either tbh cuz I mean it's special relativity lol, I quite like the Michelson-Morley experiment though, don't know why but just find it cool so it's easier to understand for me, I've read through about time dilation and length contraction today, and they weren't as bad as I thought, I think just make sure you understand and then do a few questions you will be fine, as it's an optional module, AQA is not going to make it very difficult (hopefully).
Original post by 2022 g

special relativity is on the advanced info though, but i agree with them probably not putting the first parts of turning points on as that is sort of assessed in paper 1, the determination of electronic charge is big enough to do an entire sort of 12 marker on just that
(edited 1 year ago)
Anyone doing engineering here
Original post by LeoHsieh20040725
Anyone doing engineering here

I am! And idk where to get extra resources, our teachers literally just posted a PowerPoint and told us to go through it, and i didn't even start revising for paper 3 yet anyways :frown:
Original post by fortified_shi
special relativity is on the advanced info though, but i agree with them probably not putting the first parts of turning points on as that is sort of assessed in paper 1, the determination of electronic charge is big enough to do an entire sort of 12 marker on just that

Oh yeh it is on the advanced info, my bad lmao. Gonna end up learning everything anyways but yeh. The determination of electronic charge is so niceee. Jus need to do questions.
Original post by staryynight
I am! And idk where to get extra resources, our teachers literally just posted a PowerPoint and told us to go through it, and i didn't even start revising for paper 3 yet anyways :frown:

Do you recon the grade boundaries for this paper will be high? 😬
Reply 96

Grade boundaries are usually lower by only a few percentages for paper 3.
Original post by 2022 g
Oh yeh it is on the advanced info, my bad lmao. Gonna end up learning everything anyways but yeh. The determination of electronic charge is so niceee. Jus need to do questions.

initt i like it

I doubt simply because they've taken away the majority of the course, there are only 3 specification sections out of 12, so if they play the card they played in Paper 2 and give us the topics that weren't on the advanced info, the majority wouldn't be prepared. At least that's how I thought about it. I am still going to revise the entire engineering spec tho.
Anyone doing Option A (Astrophysics)? If so, can you please guide me on what to revise for it as I don't trust the advance info any more, following the previous two papers. Also, the units of astro that weren't on the advance info were not covered by my teachers as they said it won't come up or if they do, it will come us as a 1 or 2 marker.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending