The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Physics Paper 3 7408/3 - 16 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by arjun990
wasn't y inversely proportional to m? therefore you can say y= k/m. to find the constant k you do y x m. Do that for each data point and you can find the constant for each data point. If k is not equal for all values then it is not inversely proportional

i think you're right 2 marks lost again sick
wasn't y inversely proportional to m? therefore you can say y= k/m. to find the constant k you do y x m. Do that for each data point and you can find the constant for each data point. If k is not equal for all values then it is not inversely proportional

I did 1/k = m, where m is the gradient and I found the gradient twice using different points. does that work too?
Original post by abdul 580
what did you write for that 2 marker about y not being inversely proportional to the mass i just found the gradient and drew a line of best fit on the graph

Take two coordinates. Inverse promotional means something =k/something else. Work out K for point on the graph . Work out K for another point. K wasn’t constant for both points. Therefore not inversely proportional
Original post by reenauppal
I did 1/k = m, where m is the gradient and I found the gradient twice using different points. does that work too?

I'm not sure sorry, pretty sure my method is correct but just not sure about yours
I'm not sure sorry, pretty sure my method is correct but just not sure about yours

Yhh idk either bc I had like 5 mins left and realised I read it as directly proportional so I panicked and did the reciprocal of both the gradients I found 😭😭
guys what do you think the grade boundaries will be for section A
boys for the question on naming one thing that has to be kept constant in the Boyle's law experiment would I get a mark if I said it has to be a fixed mass of air and can be achieved through conducting the experiment in a sealed container. Some people have told me that I would get 2 marks but others have told me that only the temperature is kept constant. Do you think I would get the marks for this question?
Original post by maxcovel39
boys for the question on naming one thing that has to be kept constant in the Boyle's law experiment would I get a mark if I said it has to be a fixed mass of air and can be achieved through conducting the experiment in a sealed container. Some people have told me that I would get 2 marks but others have told me that only the temperature is kept constant. Do you think I would get the marks for this question?

Hmm I think it depends on whether it said that the apparatus was airtight/contained a fixed mass in question. I think they were looking for the temperature argument but the mass of air would need to be constant too, you're right
obviously no one knows exactly, but recently the telegraph said that the gcse and a level grades will be the most generous, so that's the only thing keeping me going. I think I got around 160 (fumbled big time), and I need an A and if its the most generous this year, hopefully its similar to last year, or less, and I highly doubt it'll be like 2019 so there's still hope.
Original post by abdul 580
guys what do you think the grade boundaries will be for section A
any thought of grade boundaries this year? will it be higher than 2019?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending