The Student Room Group

OCR A Level Physics Modelling physics H556/01 - 26 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mommymilkers
what did you write for it? that was OK for me it was the other one mostly because I didn't revise the Russel diagram thing

Triangle tent. Small tent. Ropes at smaller angle to ground so that greater component of tension acting against wind force. For the other one I think you said rate of fusion(L) proportional to T^4 and mass^3.6 proportional to L (3.6 was my gradient yours could have been different but should have been less than 4) so it gains less mass than it loses via fusion meaning hotter stars burn out faster
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Mo_77377
For the first show that I got 0.625J. Did anyone else get the same or have I just made a silly mistake?

Silly mistake, you have to get the extension from the displacement on the graph, so you should get .5 X 500 X 0.06^2 to get 0.9
Reply 42
entire paper was ****ed tbh
Original post by au_3992718
What question was this?

It was the first show that in q16. It was the show that on elastic potential energy
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Mo_77377
It was the first show that in q16. It was the show that on elastic potential energy

Pretty sure I got 0.9
Original post by pearly004
Silly mistake, you have to get the extension from the displacement on the graph, so you should get .5 X 500 X 0.06^2 to get 0.9

Looks like I read the extension off the graph wrong! I got x=5cm. Thx for that
There was no diffraction grating question 😔.
Original post by CharlemagneDaDog
Triangle tent. Small tent. Ropes at smaller angle to ground so that greater component of tension acting against wind force. For the other one I think you said rate of fusion(L) proportional to T^4 and mass proportional to L^3.6 (3.6 was my gradient yours could have been different but should have been less than 4) so it gains less mass than it loses via fusion meaning hotter stars burn out faster

I got 3.6 and the triangle tent part too, but I don't think I got the rest of it right but we'll see
Was ocr accurate with the advanced info??
Original post by CharlemagneDaDog
Triangle tent. Small tent. Ropes at smaller angle to ground so that greater component of tension acting against wind force. For the other one I think you said rate of fusion(L) proportional to T^4 and mass proportional to L^3.6 (3.6 was my gradient yours could have been different but should have been less than 4) so it gains less mass than it loses via fusion meaning hotter stars burn out faster

I got something like 3.6. For the other marks I said that the bigger the star the greater the GPE converted to thermal, thus the hotter the star is and the faster the star undergoes fusion which causes larger stars to die faster, but I didn't really link it to the graph or my calculation so I don't really know if I got that many marks.
Original post by studentstudent04

hell no there is no question about experiment in cosmology

Different qualifications may have different levels of accuracy in the advanced info but I'd say yes OCR was pretty accurate (other than for the astrophysics and cosmology "practical skills" bit).
Original post by CathMath
hell no there is no question about experiment in cosmology

Yeah, I think they were just referring to being able to read graphs and do calculations from them. That confused me. I thought I needed to know how to describe how to find parallax angle or something.
I got something like 3.6. For the other marks I said that the bigger the star the greater the GPE converted to thermal, thus the hotter the star is and the faster the star undergoes fusion which causes larger stars to die faster, but I didn't really link it to the graph or my calculation so I don't really know if I got that many marks.

I didn't really know how to link it to the diagram either
I got 3.6 and the triangle tent part too, but I don't think I got the rest of it right but we'll see

I said curved tent aswell.
Yeah, I think they were just referring to being able to read graphs and do calculations from them. That confused me. I thought I needed to know how to describe how to find parallax angle or something.

It said "practical skills" so I thought that we would be assessed on well? An astrophysics practical like we were for materials 🤦. They lied in regards to that bit in my opinion cause that 6 marker sure as hell wasn't based off of something you'd do in a PAG but other than that I'd say that the advanced info was pretty accurate.

there was a whole question about circular motion and gravitational fields, neither of which were on the advanced info, but apart from that I guess?
I didn't really know how to link it to the diagram either

There was a statement saying something was directly proportional to fusion but I was baffled by that.
Original post by holly.bsg
there was a whole question about circular motion and gravitational fields, neither of which were on the advanced info, but apart from that I guess?

OCR said that they can still assess you on everything, but didn't even realise that, they should have included 5.4 on the advanced info then.
Original post by holly.bsg

Yeah, I assumed that OCR was gonna be annoying and try put gravitational fields under astrophysics and circular motion under oscillations.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending