The Student Room Group

OCR A Level Physics Modelling physics H556/01 - 26 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

I don't do physics but do OCR chem and bio, just wondering how helpful the advanced info was. Was the gravitation fields question a big question? Also do you guys have multiple choice questions at the start of the paper? Were they all in advanced info?
Original post by CathMath
hell no there is no question about experiment in cosmology

There was but is was more obscure - it was the 6 marker for the graph of lg(L/Lo) against lg(M/Mo) where you had to find b. It was the gradient of the graph.
Original post by biycye
I don't do physics but do OCR chem and bio, just wondering how helpful the advanced info was. Was the gravitation fields question a big question? Also do you guys have multiple choice questions at the start of the paper? Were they all in advanced info?

not a big question, but it was a main one not a multiple choice. multiple choice was a blur but pretty sure they can be from outside of advanced info
Original post by holly.bsg
there was a whole question about circular motion and gravitational fields, neither of which were on the advanced info, but apart from that I guess?

Circular motion is included in the SHM topic
Does anyone know what they got for the pressure question calculating the difference in pressure in the U-shaped tube to the outside. Fairly sure I got that one wrong. Density was 1000, and distance was 10cm (x=5cm)?
Original post by pearly004)Circular motion is included in the SHM topic

Original post by pearly004
Circular motion is included in the SHM topic

but it did specifically say oscillations
Original post by biycye

The multiple choice was actually not too bad. The gravitational field question was a fairly big question (can't remember how many marks sorry) but links to a topic that was mentioned in the advanced info so i figured there would at least be a 1 or 2 marker. My advice would be to revise topics that have links but definitely focus on the topics mentioned. The advanced info was quite good with respect to the weighting of marks, with the topics with the most marks higher up the list.
Does anyone know what you had do for the six marker on the tent question?
Original post by au_3992718
Does anyone know what they got for the pressure question calculating the difference in pressure in the U-shaped tube to the outside. Fairly sure I got that one wrong. Density was 1000, and distance was 10cm (x=5cm)?

49kpa

U had to use p=hpg and put in the difference in the heights to get the difference in the pressures
I think I used rho = phg1000 x 5x10^-2 x 9.81
Original post by holly.bsg
not a big question, but it was a main one not a multiple choice. multiple choice was a blur but pretty sure they can be from outside of advanced info

Original post by uni12354
The multiple choice was actually not too bad. The gravitational field question was a fairly big question (can't remember how many marks sorry) but links to a topic that was mentioned in the advanced info so i figured there would at least be a 1 or 2 marker. My advice would be to revise topics that have links but definitely focus on the topics mentioned. The advanced info was quite good with respect to the weighting of marks, with the topics with the most marks higher up the list.

Thanks guys, I hope you guys smashed that paper - especially being the first science OCR alevel and going into that blind
Not sure if it’s right, I mentioned making it triangular to increase impact time, reducing the surface area, attaching the ropes higher up to increase perpendicular distance from pivot and they gave the number 40 so I calculated the UTS required in a rope to withstand the tensile stress

Original post by SaroodM
Does anyone know what you had do for the six marker on the tent question?
Original post by pearly004
49kpa

Damn I got 490.
Damn I got 490.

i used 10cm and got 980
Original post by Mo_77377
For the first show that I got 0.625J. Did anyone else get the same or have I just made a silly mistake?

d was 10cm. On the graph, this meant the extension was like 6cm or something. 0.5kx^2 got me 0.9J.
Original post by tatatatata
i used 10cm and got 980

Yeah same cause it’s the difference between them
Damn I got 490.

I got that aswell but I didn't write it down cuz it didn't look right to me
Damn I got 490.

Me too
Original post by tatatatata
i used 10cm and got 980

can't remember what i got, but yeah pretty sure 10cm was the height to use