The Student Room Group

OCR A Level Physics Modelling physics H556/01 - 26 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Absolutely, utterly fcking shi.t paper. Worst paper 1 I've ever done.
What did people write for the HR diagram question?
I know I've messed up the pressure question (SHM in tube) - I did pgh but then minused 1013hPa (atmospheric pressure) :frown:.

How do you get 6 marks for that utterly ridiculous tent question? Did you all talk about making tent curved / making the sides of the tent angled to increase time over which momentum of wind is reduced larger (2nd law) and increasing UTS and area of ropes to reduce stress and things like that?

Also for the question where you had to show that time to do something in the engine power question was around 1 minute, did you guys get something like 100 seconds? That's not a minute so idk if was wrong
yeah I got 107 seconds for that engine power as well

Original post by Rhys_M
I know I've messed up the pressure question (SHM in tube) - I did pgh but then minused 1013hPa (atmospheric pressure) :frown:.

How do you get 6 marks for that utterly ridiculous tent question? Did you all talk about making tent curved / making the sides of the tent angled to increase time over which momentum of wind is reduced larger (2nd law) and increasing UTS and area of ropes to reduce stress and things like that?

Also for the question where you had to show that time to do something in the engine power question was around 1 minute, did you guys get something like 100 seconds? That's not a minute so idk if was wrong
Original post by Rhys_M

The 6 marker i don’t think I wrote enough. I got 53 seconds for that one.
Original post by Rhys_M

i spent so long on the damn train question but in the end all you had to do was time = energy ÷ power and it gave about 53 seconds?
I got 53
Original post by Ameister69
The 6 marker i don’t think I wrote enough. I got 53 seconds for that one.
Original post by holly.bsg
can't remember what i got, but yeah pretty sure 10cm was the height to use

I searched it up and found a similar diagram but I'm still confused.
https://www.efunda.com/formulae/fluids/images/Manometer_A.gif
Just remember its all in the past now. paper 2 and 3 to go. good luck.
Original post by Rhys_M

i spent so long on the damn train question but in the end all you had to do was time = energy ÷ power and it gave about 53 seconds?

Wait what? I did P=Fv so P=mav, rearranged for a and plugged into suvat which gave like 107 seconds :frown:
Original post by au_3992718
I searched it up and found a similar diagram but I'm still confused.
https://www.efunda.com/formulae/fluids/images/Manometer_A.gif

Yeah so it’s 10cm to use
Original post by Rhys_M
Wait what? I did P=Fv so P=mav, rearranged for a and plugged into suvat which gave like 107 seconds :frown:

The acceleration isn’t constant because the speed keeps changing so u can’t use suvat
What did ppl get for the latent heat calculation
Original post by Ameister69
Yeah so it’s 10cm to use

Yeah I get it now, thanks.
Original post by tatatatata

I didn’t understand what was going on
What did ppl get for the latent heat calculatio

I think i calculated the latent heat for fusion and latent heat for water vaporisation then calculate the difference

I used that equation but didn't get 53. hopefully i get method marks or something.

not sure, but I calculated energy lost from water when it turned from gas to liquid and liquid to solid, then added them together
used that energy ÷ mass of nitrogen to find latent heat of vapourisation

I think I worked out nitrogen’s latent heat of fusion. Then did a ratio. So divided lf (nitrogen) by lf(ice) and multiplied by lv (water). Was the only thing I cld think of
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by uni12354
I think I worked out nitrogen’s latent heat of fusion. Then did a ratio. So divided lf (n) by lf(w) and multiplied by lv (w). Was the only thing I cld think of

I think the latent fusion is for ice
I think the latent fusion is for ice

Yep you’re right thanks
Reply 99
Ok with the one where you worked out the mass of the planetary nebula and then there was a 4 marker that followed about the evolution, do you think I’d get any credit for talking about red giants?? I assumed cause 9 point something was less than 10 solar masses it was a red giant but apparently much more massive meant red supergiant

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending