The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE French French Paper 4 8658/WH - 16 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did the exam go for you?

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Thursday 16th June PM
Length: 1h20

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mythical Pingu

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Thursday 16th June PM
Length: 1h20

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:

Hello! thank you for this thread :h:
Reply 2
Good luck for tomorrow.
Good luck everyone :smile:
Reply 4
I’m so not ready for this but I’m excited to have french over with…
Je n’ai pas eu - I have not had (eu being the past particle)

https://www.lawlessfrench.com/grammar/past-participle-conjugations/ This may be helpful :smile:

Important past particles:
être - été
avoir - eu
faire - fait
aller - allé
pouvoir - pu
devoir -
vouloir - voulu
voire - vu

Depuis + Present tense verb + Time = (Pronoun) has/have been (Verb) since (Time)
Il y a (Time) - (Time) ago

https://www.thoughtco.com/say-countries-of-world-in-french-4080349
(edited 1 year ago)
How did the exam go?
That was quite nice, would've preferred a nicer theme 1 150 words because that's what I was going to do originally but did theme 3 instead

I did:
90 words - Theme 1
150 words - Theme 3

Translation was quite easy tbh
The translation for anyone who wants it:

I go to the cinema every month but my friend prefers films online. This morning, we listened to music with our teacher. I would really like to play an instrument. I don't like living in the countryside so when I am older I'll buy a flat in the town centre, even if there is a lot of pollution.
Reply 9
My mind went blank on the work ‘even’ in the translation 🤦*♀️ I think I put ensuit instead lol
I wanted to do the theme ones but I didn’t really understand either of them (even though I prepared for them) so I did 2 and 3 which wasn’t too bad actually
Original post by Samovar
My mind went blank on the work ‘even’ in the translation 🤦*♀️ I think I put ensuit instead lol

i put meme si (at the time i thought this was just another way i couldve said it)
(edited 1 year ago)
I misunderstood the question and I was writing what I want to do after future study instead of what I want to do in university. And last 5 min I realised and wrote another page but didn’t cross out the first answer and I wondering will the examiner look at all and give me some marks or won’t look at them)
I go to the cinema every month but my friend prefers films online. This morning, we listened to music with our teacher. I would really like to play an instrument. I don't like living in the countryside so when I am older I'll buy a flat in the town centre, even if there is a lot of pollution.J’alle au cinema chaque moins mais mon ami préféré des films en ligne. Ce matin nous avons écoutons avec notre professeur. Je voudrais vraiment jouer un instrument . Je n’aime pas habiter dans la campagne donc quand je vais plus âgé je vais acheter un appartement dans le centre ville même si il y a beaucoup de la pollution. I really messed up the translation does anyone know what around this would get out of 12 😫 hoping for at least 4 but the rest of the paper was easy
Original post by 123livvyx
I go to the cinema every month but my friend prefers films online. This morning, we listened to music with our teacher. I would really like to play an instrument. I don't like living in the countryside so when I am older I'll buy a flat in the town centre, even if there is a lot of pollution.J’alle au cinema chaque moins mais mon ami préféré des films en ligne. Ce matin nous avons écoutons avec notre professeur. Je voudrais vraiment jouer un instrument . Je n’aime pas habiter dans la campagne donc quand je vais plus âgé je vais acheter un appartement dans le centre ville même si il y a beaucoup de la pollution. I really messed up the translation does anyone know what around this would get out of 12 😫 hoping for at least 4 but the rest of the paper was easy

6/7 I think
its a good translation just some grammar errors
Original post by Harryip
I misunderstood the question and I was writing what I want to do after future study instead of what I want to do in university. And last 5 min I realised and wrote another page but didn’t cross out the first answer and I wondering will the examiner look at all and give me some marks or won’t look at them)

Nah u have to show a range of tenses so thats fine
Original post by jamest0394q
6/7 I think
its a good translation just some grammar errors

Thank you so much that made me feel better !
wasn't the bullet point what you want to with studies in the future?
Original post by Harryip
Does anyone know what the bullet points on the third 32-marker meant?
what did the questions mean on the 32-marker I forgot

Original post by hannah.06
That was quite nice, would've preferred a nicer theme 1 150 words because that's what I was going to do originally but did theme 3 instead

I did:
90 words - Theme 1
150 words - Theme 3

Translation was quite easy tbh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending