The Student Room Group

Biomedical science without any science a levels

I want to study biomedical science, but I have not done any science a level subjects. Could I still do study biomedical science without a level science subjects?
Reply 1
Original post by purplezzz
I want to study biomedical science, but I have not done any science a level subjects. Could I still do study biomedical science without a level science subjects?

Probably not if you dont have science a levels, but you could go to a college to retake them

You can! Some universities offer foundation years, where you spend the 1st year covering similar topics to those you would on science A-levels, getting you up to speed for joining the main course for the next 3-4 years. I've linked an example below but this is far from the only one you will find, I would definitely check which other universities offer them before applying

https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/dll/courses/foundation/biomedical

Hi @purplezzz

The short answer is probably. Every University will have different policies surrounding their entry requirements. The best option is to look for courses you are really interested in and contact the admission tutor. Their email address is normally displayed on the website. This way you will receive the correct information as your personal entry requirements may also be influenced by what A-levels you are currently taking.

Some universities also offer Foundation years which you may be eligible for, however, again, each university is different.

Do you know which universities you are interested in applying to?

Lauren
(Student Ambassador)
Reply 4
Original post by QuentinM
You can! Some universities offer foundation years, where you spend the 1st year covering similar topics to those you would on science A-levels, getting you up to speed for joining the main course for the next 3-4 years. I've linked an example below but this is far from the only one you will find, I would definitely check which other universities offer them before applying

https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/dll/courses/foundation/biomedical

hey, I know your comment is quite old however when I clicked onto the link to foundation year for Sheffield, the website says that the foundation year is only for mature students? I just wanted to ask are you also currently on a foundation year with no science a levels? Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending