The Student Room Group

shouldn't all young people register to vote now because

shouldn't we all register to vote now because we can make a better future for us all.
We got like 2 years before the next GE so no rush
Reply 2
In principal yes, people should exercise their right to vote.

In practise, huge numbers of young people are idealistic, naive and frankly dangerous in their beliefs (see Corbyn being made leader) so i can't say i care too much.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Judith_cohen
shouldn't we all register to vote now because we can make a better future for us all.

yes
Reply 4
Original post by Rakas21
In principal yes, people should exercise their right to vote.

In practise, huge numbers of young people are idealistic, naive and frankly dangerous in their beliefs (see Corbyn being made leader) so i can't say i care too much.

To be fair, a lot of politically engaged old people thought Liz Truss had a sound understanding of fiscal policy.

Naivety is certainly not limited to the young.
Reply 5
Original post by Gazpacho.
To be fair, a lot of politically engaged old people thought Liz Truss had a sound understanding of fiscal policy.

Naivety is certainly not limited to the young.

That's true however we don't have the option to impose suffrage restrictions.
Reply 6

yes
Reply 7

Yes. Vote Reform.

absolutely agree but unfortunately young people (official category is like 18-34ish I think) have consistently have the worst turnout at recent elections

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending