The Student Room Group

Suffering from long covid

I caught covid just before Christmas, I was in ICU for 3 weeks barely conscious a lot of the time and I must also stress I had no underlying health problems, I nearly died. Since then it's been a huge struggle, before I was fit and healthy, I played football and always cycled lots, I'm only 16. Since going home now I struggle to even get out of bed to go to the bathroom without getting breathless, I'm tired all the time, sometimes I even have to be helped just to get down the stairs. The reason I'm posting this is because so many people think covid is not real and it can't affect a young healthy person, I'm the living proof that it can, it also upsets me many people still don't follow the rules.
Reply 1
Yes many people have LC but many aren't getting help. Which is understandable as so much going on it'll take time to deal with all things associated. Have you spoken to your GP
You were one of the statistical unlucky ones. I hope you feel better soon, as typical with a post viral illness it will take a while but you'll slowly recover.
Reply 3
Hi I caught covid last March and I've had what I would describe as mild long kovid which is an immune reaction which causes inflammation.

About 7% of people who have the vaccine find it resets their immune system getting rid of symptoms have you had it yet?

My friend has this she was always active and running etc but since getting it she can't even get to the toilet without getting out of breath and her taste and smell still hasn't come back
I hope you get better! :console:
Reply 6
Panorama 7.35 pm today may help.

Also, there is a COVID19 Clinic - named the COVID-19 Ambulatory Care Unit, based at City Hospital. To access the services, with focus on personalised treatments for those with pro-longed symptoms following the virus, you must be referred by your GP if you were never admitted to NUH for treatment as an inpatient.

Please inform your GP that the referral form is titled: "Post Covid-19 Respiratory - Respiratory Medicine - Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - RX1” with a reference number of “7962967”

We are also now formally collecting expressions of interest in Research following a diagnosis of Covid-19 but, but for those whom did not require hospital admission. If you decide to registered you will be asked to provide a few details about when you had your COVID diagnosis/symptoms, give your name and email address. This means researchers may contact you to take part in research studies in the future. All details are stored securely and are not passed onto external organisations.

To register your interest please visit: https://tinyurl.com/research-community-nch
Reply 7
Some good news, they think it can be cured . . .

Hope ur doing a bit better
Its very slow recovery im almost 2 yrs in

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending