The Student Room Group

Changing Courses from Biochemistry to Chemistry

I'm in year 13 and have received offers from both King's and Imperial to study a Bsc in Biochemistry. However I mostly enjoy chemistry, and both modules for ICL and KCL look like they focus a lot on biology, so I think the Biochemistry course may not be the best for me.

I'm thinking of changing courses to chemistry, but is it too late? I don't think I could change courses in Imperial because I don't do maths, but King's chemistry course is still on UCAS extra, and I think I could meet their requirements. How can I change courses?
Original post by anonanoic acid
I'm in year 13 and have received offers from both King's and Imperial to study a Bsc in Biochemistry. However I mostly enjoy chemistry, and both modules for ICL and KCL look like they focus a lot on biology, so I think the Biochemistry course may not be the best for me.

I'm thinking of changing courses to chemistry, but is it too late? I don't think I could change courses in Imperial because I don't do maths, but King's chemistry course is still on UCAS extra, and I think I could meet their requirements. How can I change courses?

It might be worth emailing them directly and asking if you can switch courses without going through UCAS extra?
Otherwise you would have to withdraw and either take a gap year or apply through clearing.
hey did you end up switching courses at imperial?
Original post by anonanoic acid

Hi, please let me know what grades they asked for Biochemistry Kings as a condition. Did they ask for an A in all three A Levels? I want to know if they are flexible with the grade like asking for AAB. Thank you very much.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending