The Student Room Group

Medicine at University

I’ve just got all A’s on my higher and i have this odd feeling that now medicine isn’t for me? I now feel like because i’ve got the grades it’s expected of me… if i’m to choose to do something like biochemistry am I wasting my potential? Is it that big a difference?
Reply 1
Original post by a_rose6
I’ve just got all A’s on my higher and i have this odd feeling that now medicine isn’t for me? I now feel like because i’ve got the grades it’s expected of me… if i’m to choose to do something like biochemistry am I wasting my potential? Is it that big a difference?

Biochemistry itself is challenging as any degree is. Go with your heart: you won’t ever ‘limit’ yourself or ‘waste’ potential because in every field there’s the opportunity to get to the cutting edge and that is obviously difficult. Of course if you change your mind later, you can change degrees!
Reply 2
It has been my dream to get into medicine for so long. I got my results and it was not as good as i expected. I had two A's in higher math and higher music, one B in higher human biology and two C's in higher chemistry and higher english. I don't know what to do now that I can't get into medicine with these grades.
Reply 3
Original post by Wodoupreye
It has been my dream to get into medicine for so long. I got my results and it was not as good as i expected. I had two A's in higher math and higher music, one B in higher human biology and two C's in higher chemistry and higher english. I don't know what to do now that I can't get into medicine with these grades.

I mean depending on the university you are choosing you could be able to re-sit your subjects. There’s also always the option of going through a bio-medical course in university (which is less competitive to get in to) and then studying medicine after that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending