The Student Room Group

AS econ edexcel exam 2022/ 16 may

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Miasmarome
yh i doubt theyre great points, so im screwed.

how do u manage your time to get 3 points done, are your points like half a page or longer.
coz my one point is a page side

I finished section A in less than 15 mins and then I did the 20-marker first. My points were about 1 side each, but I have big handwriting
Original post by Kkton2345
Did anyone talk about minimum prices for the 20 marker (Edexcel)? I’m not sure if it’s correct

yes, i talked about minimum pricing, indirect tax and subsidies to substitutes
I did 3 points: minimum price, indirect tax and extended property rights. But now I’m not sure whether a minimum price was correct

did u add a lot of context? i could barely find any
Original post by vinay2208
did u add a lot of context? i could barely find any

Nah I barely used anything, all I remember is some stat about 90% of cod being gone or something
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 84
Did anyone talk about minimum prices for the 20 marker (Edexcel)? I’m not sure if it’s correct

it depends on which one you chose, but if you chose g, the policy one, yes it'll be correct, because you'll be reducing consumption, so overfishing won't be needed as there's less demand
Original post by Bleu_
it depends on which one you chose, but if you chose g, the policy one, yes it'll be correct, because you'll be reducing consumption, so overfishing won't be needed as there's less demand

Yh I chose that one. Thanks 🙏
Reply 86
yh same but for evaulation, i said in long term, their supply is diminished so theyre not acting rationally enough to think about long term consequences

Yh i said about shifting AD using monetary policy like interest rates too
Original post by niggha
Yh i said about shifting AD using monetary policy like interest rates too

for micro??
for micro??

icl i think hes trolling

yh i did
What did you guys put for the Rational Behaviour question?

Edit: I talked about how businesses behaved rationally because they want to maximise utility by making sure they are maximising profits.

However I said they’re not behaving rationally because they are not taking external costs into account as a result of their actions.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by slowrecall
What did you guys put for the Rational Behaviour question?

Edit: I talked about businesses how behaved rationally because they want to maximise utility by making sure they are maximise profits.

However I said they’re not behaving rationally because they are not taking external costs into account as a result of their actions.

I said rational in short term because it maximises profits but not rational in long term as they’re depleting their supply
(edited 1 year ago)
I said rational in short term because it maximises profits but not rational in long term as they’re depleting their supply

isnt that only one point and one evaluation? dont you need 2 for 10 markers
Reply 93
Original post by TrenchKidd
isnt that only one point and one evaluation? dont you need 2 for 10 markers

nope you can get away with 1 point and 1 evaluation if they're good enough. I could also only think about those two so I just went with them. Just included a diagram along with it to get some extra marks.
Original post by Bleu_
nope you can get away with 1 point and 1 evaluation if they're good enough. I could also only think about those two so I just went with them. Just included a diagram along with it to get some extra marks.

so what i did was :
i defined negative externalities
one reason is that they are acting rationally because they are a firm who's incentive is to maximise profits

one evaluation which is that there are negative production externalities that cause marginal social costs

and a negative production externality diagram

that should be good
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 95
Original post by TrenchKidd
so what i did was :
i defined negative externalities
one reason is that they are acting rationally because they are a firm who's incentive is to maximise profits

one evaluation which is that there are negative production externalities that cause marginal social costs

and a negative production externality diagram

that should be good

yup i did the exact same thing apart from the negative externalities definition. I just told them about what the rational decision of firms and consumers were
Original post by Bleu_

what diagram did u include? supply shifting outwards?
Reply 97
Original post by arnav0000
what diagram did u include? supply shifting outwards?

nope, for the 10 marker, i used the externalities graph. Since external costs will be more as time goes on, that's why it was irrational for them in the long term
Reply 98
What was the 10 marker for the edexcel paper?
For the people who did the AS econ edxecel exam, was the advanced info accurate? Was there anything that wasn’t on the advanced info that came up? About to do my A level exam on Monday so wanna be sure
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending