The Student Room Group

St Paul's school 16+ entry exam

Hi, I am applying St Paul's school for six form, just wanna ask is the entry exam for it really hard? for example maths, is it more like GCSE style questions or like maths challenge like maths olymplad, UKMT? How would be the most suitible way to revise? doing UKMT past papers?

Scroll to see replies

Hi Ryan I'm Faraz , I've applied to St Paul's school London as well. I'm not sure what's going to be in the examination. I have mathematics physics and computing in my examination and could really use an extra head ( or in this case mind ) to help me study for the examination (entrance exam)

We could give it a go and see if it will help us study better.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
(edited 2 years ago)
Hello all,
I too have the intention of applying to St Paul's School for 2022 entry. If anyone has any tips either for the entrance exams or personal statement, they would be most appreciated. For reference, I intend on taking Maths, History, Economics and Latin.
Reply 3
Hi guys I also applied for the 2022 entry n just finished the entrance exam. How do you guys feel, I’m so nervous rn:frown:
Reply 4
Original post by heytheredelilah1
Have you guys started writing your personal statements? I have no idea how to even start :frown:

Hi guys I also applied for the 2022 entry n just finished the entrance exam. How do you guys feel, I’m so nervous rn:frown:
Reply 5
Original post by fyw

Hi, i wish you good luck. I am having it tomorrow, have you applied to maths or further maths or econ? how was it? what was the qustions like in maths and fur maths and econ? was econ more like gcse knowledges or some thing like new such as COP26?
Reply 6
Original post by Ryan Yin
Hi, i wish you good luck. I am having it tomorrow, have you applied to maths or further maths or econ? how was it? what was the qustions like in maths and fur maths and econ? was econ more like gcse knowledges or some thing like new such as COP26?

I applied to phy chem bio and econ, I think the economics paper is quite nice but I haven’t learnt all those things in bio cuz I’m currently studying igcse and the syllabus didn’t cover :frown:
Reply 7
Original post by fyw
I applied to phy chem bio and econ, I think the economics paper is quite nice but I haven’t learnt all those things in bio cuz I’m currently studying igcse and the syllabus didn’t cover :frown:

Dont worry, just done my entry exam this morning. its maths, furthermaths and econ. maths is alright i did all the questions and pretty sure i only got one wrong, but the last two questions required some brianwork. econ i was waffling basically hahaha. wish you good luck!
Dont worry, just done my entry exam this morning. its maths, furthermaths and econ. maths is alright i did all the questions and pretty sure i only got one wrong, but the last two questions required some brianwork. econ i was waffling basically hahaha. wish you good luck!

So I did my exams too, Maths bio chem and history. I found maths the most difficult and couldn’t answer a few but that’s because I hadn’t learnt some of the stuff; as I am not doing further maths will there be some leniency? I did alright in Chem, it wasn’t a disaster but defo not my best and history and biology went amazing! Do you think I stand a good chance? Will my maths let me down, ultimately? I hope not..
Reply 9

Wish u good luck alsoooo! Do you know when will we know whether we got the offer? Hope we both can get the offer :wink:
Reply 10
Original post by fyw
Wish u good luck alsoooo! Do you know when will we know whether we got the offer? Hope we both can get the offer :wink:

no idea but the thing is I only applied for three a levels...
Hi, I got an email from St Paul's offering me an interview. Did anyone else get through? Congrats if you did and unlucky if you didn't - definitely not the end of the road. I took Maths, Further maths, Physics, and Computer Science btw.

They said that the interview would be on 20th but I have my interview for Brighton College on the same day so I'm hoping I can do it another day...
Did anyone get a different date for the interview?

How many people applied initially and how many get invited for interviews? I know 20 boys get offers from the interviews.

Thanks in advance,
didn’t get through lol
Anyone got an interview tomorrow?
St Paul's replied today saying I got a conditional offer. Anyone else hear back? Congrats everyone.
Original post by student_anon12
St Paul's replied today saying I got a conditional offer. Anyone else hear back? Congrats everyone.

st pauls or st pauls girls?
Original post by heytheredelilah1
st pauls or st pauls girls?

st pauls boys
ah congrats! still waiting to hear from spgs
Original post by student_anon12
Hi, I got an email from St Paul's offering me an interview. Did anyone else get through? Congrats if you did and unlucky if you didn't - definitely not the end of the road. I took Maths, Further maths, Physics, and Computer Science btw.

They said that the interview would be on 20th but I have my interview for Brighton College on the same day so I'm hoping I can do it another day...
Did anyone get a different date for the interview?

How many people applied initially and how many get invited for interviews? I know 20 boys get offers from the interviews.

Thanks in advance,

Hi sorry I do not know about those stats although you could try find it on the website, my current school gives the stats.

May I know what sort of questions were in the Maths and Computer Science papers please? I saw on the website that the computer science test would test more of reasoning rather than memorisation. Also what sort of questions were in the critical thinking and problem solving papers?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by frankfurt23
Hi sorry I do not know about those stats although you could try find it on the website, my current school gives the stats.

May I know what sort of questions were in the Maths and Computer Science papers please? I saw on the website that the computer science test would test more of reasoning rather than memorisation. Also what sort of questions were in the critical thinking and problem solving papers?

critical thinking was entirely maths lol, just like word problems but still a bit difficult. maths was all gcse maths; graphs, solving equations, simultaneous equations etc stuff like that, with 2 difficult questions . don’t know about the rest sorry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending