The Student Room Group

16+ Sixth form interviews 2022

I've been invited for interviews from Westminster school, St Paul's boys school, Harrow, and Brighton College for the 16+ admission. I already did the Harrow interview stage but they didn't do any academic interview - it was just a bunch of general interviews.

I'm not sure how to prepare for the interviews at the other schools.

I'm taking Econ, further maths, maths, and physics at Westminster.
Maths, further maths, physics, and compsci at St pauls.
And I can't remember for Brighton college but it's something similar.

Does anyone have past interview questions from maths/sciences/econ that I could practice from or any general advice?

Thanks in advance,
Original post by student_anon12
I've been invited for interviews from Westminster school, St Paul's boys school, Harrow, and Brighton College for the 16+ admission. I already did the Harrow interview stage but they didn't do any academic interview - it was just a bunch of general interviews.

Does anyone have past interview questions from maths/sciences/econ that I could practice from or any general advice?

Thanks in advance,

I’m in a similar position to you! Also taking maths and econ, but chemistry and biology as well. I also have sixth form interviews soon - good luck! (Sorry for my lack of advice!)
Original post by Maria303
I’m in a similar position to you! Also taking maths and econ, but chemistry and biology as well. I also have sixth form interviews soon - good luck! (Sorry for my lack of advice!)

Good luck :smile:
how did it go?

Thanks in advance,

Which school did you end up going? Do you know how many boys get in at +16, Westminster? How did you find the exam at Westminster? My son will choose the same subject. Any insight appreciated.
hi, very few boys get in sixth form, maybe 10/15 because it's mostly girls they're looking for - so that makes the process a lot more competitive because there are still lots of boys who apply - dont let that discourage you though! the exam for maths was just 60 mins and 50 multiple choice questions, all of which were standard gcse higher tier level. Definitely about speed and accuracy so I would recommend practicing american SAT style questions for this under time conditionsthe exam for FM was 8 long questions definitely above GCSE level maths. You want to look at Mclaurin Olympiad style questions. They're quite hard but perseverance is more important than answering all of them. Most people do 3/4 in 60minsPhysics was very similar to the year 11 physics olympiad style, some short answer questions and then some long answer ones. A good understanding of GCSE concepts is very important and maybe some year 1 Alevel content would be good. Quite time pressured. Make sure you bring a ruler!
Good luck :smile:

hi i am aplying to brighton college this year, can u give some advice?

Thanks in advance,

do you have any advice on the brighton interviews @student_anon12
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by an0nstud3nt
hi, very few boys get in sixth form, maybe 10/15 because it's mostly girls they're looking for - so that makes the process a lot more competitive because there are still lots of boys who apply - dont let that discourage you though! the exam for maths was just 60 mins and 50 multiple choice questions, all of which were standard gcse higher tier level. Definitely about speed and accuracy so I would recommend practicing american SAT style questions for this under time conditionsthe exam for FM was 8 long questions definitely above GCSE level maths. You want to look at Mclaurin Olympiad style questions. They're quite hard but perseverance is more important than answering all of them. Most people do 3/4 in 60minsPhysics was very similar to the year 11 physics olympiad style, some short answer questions and then some long answer ones. A good understanding of GCSE concepts is very important and maybe some year 1 Alevel content would be good. Quite time pressured. Make sure you bring a ruler!

hi, could you give an example of the question in the FM paper? I have no idea how to prepare and feel lost ....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending