The Student Room Group

AS econ edexcel exam 2022/ 16 may

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bleu_
nah mate, the 6 and 4 marker were the hardest, ive never seen the edexcel spec ever talking about bloody private ownership and then some weird ass calculation for the 4 marker it was weird as hell, deffo lost all 10 marks there. But i hope i did decent on my 15 and 20 marker

how did you work out the four marker? what was it asking for and what did you have to do? apparently it was a very hard calculation question which is weird cuz ive never experienced one so I wanna make sure i know how to do it for similar questions
Original post by dpxtel
how did you work out the four marker? what was it asking for and what did you have to do? apparently it was a very hard calculation question which is weird cuz ive never experienced one so I wanna make sure i know how to do it for similar questions

It was pretty easy, just rearranging of the XED formula and then using the percentage change to find the number of items
(edited 1 year ago)
Anyone know what happens if u write 4 points for the 20 marker…do they only mark ur first 3 points
How did you guys find macro?
Original post by TrenchKidd
How did you guys find macro?

i found it better than micro, i think the qs were easier to predict.
but the 10 marker- i dont think went great
how about u?
That GDP 10 marker was hard today, just had a brain freeze :s-smilie:
Original post by Miasmarome
i found it better than micro, i think the qs were easier to predict.
but the 10 marker- i dont think went great
how about u?

it was definitely easier better than micro, that 15 marker was bad. but you know the 10 marker, what i did was:

define GDP

1 limitation: It doesnt include national happiness
evaluation: Higher GDP leaves tend to mean higher National Happiness as consumers can afford goods that can maximise their utility

1 limitation: Doesnt take into account incomes earned from black market/ hidden economies
evaluation: the incomes earned from black markets may not be significant enough to enhance GDP or change GDP by that much
it was definitely easier better than micro, that 15 marker was bad. but you know the 10 marker, what i did was:

define GDP

evaluation: Higher GDP leaves tend to mean higher National Happiness as consumers can afford goods that can maximise their utility

1 limitation: Doesnt take into account incomes earned from black market/ hidden economies
evaluation: the incomes earned from black markets may not be significant enough to enhance GDP or change GDP by that much

your structure sounds really good,
i only managed to do 1 point and evaluation though coz i left 10 marker til last.
your structure sounds really good,
i only managed to do 1 point and evaluation though coz i left 10 marker til last.

I just clocked i predicted that question in the post i made yesterday lool, dont stress about it
oh right, i thought it varied between boards.

It most likely would, I wouldn't know since I don't really pay attention to the other exam boards to be brutally honest
How did people find the paper for Macro and Micro? What topics came up for the essay questions? Thanks
Hey guys what was the essay question in the macro AS paper for Edexcel again ?
hey guys what was the essay question on the macro AS paper for edexcel again ?

define GDP

Do you remember what the 15 marker and the essay questions were by any chance please ?
Original post by j1mmyyy
Do you remember what the 15 marker and the essay questions were by any chance please ?

The essays were a choice between supply-side and fiscal policy.
Cant remember the 15 marker, sorry
Original post by kxbra1
How did people find the paper for Macro and Micro? What topics came up for the essay questions? Thanks

Time pressured (although the other a levels I do arent essay based so I get why i found it hard to write)
Attached are the topics- they actually stuck to the advanced info (I do Edexcel)
Original post by FatalArcher
The essays were a choice between supply-side and fiscal policy.
Cant remember the 15 marker, sorry

perfect thank you, do you know the fiscal policy question? was it the one that was how can it be used to get the economy out of a recession ?
Original post by j1mmyyy
perfect thank you, do you know the fiscal policy question? was it the one that was how can it be used to get the economy out of a recession ?

It was asking about how to achieve economic growth via fiscal policy (so expansionary fiscal policy)
What did you talk about in your 25 and 10 markers?

Original post by speedkiller456
I did AQA AS paper 1, and I found it easy funny enough, messed up my 4 marker diagram but the 25 and 10 markers went well. Well at least I think so.
Would you mind private messaging the questions please

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending