The Student Room Group

AS Chemistry Paper 1 2022

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BLUEMANGO_1
Wait didn't the question state CHBr3 has a higher BP than CBr4 or am i mistaken?

no the question said that CBr4 has a higher bp
Wait didn't the question state CHBr3 has a higher BP than CBr4 or am i mistaken?

I’m pretty sure it said cbr4 was higher
Also if you could tell me what you got for last question before multiple choice, about showing mixture of halide ions? Thanks!

Didn’t know this one sorry
Original post by Kkton2345
Didn’t know this one sorry

Hey I done it! The mixture will have a different mass each time it is measured because the halogens have different masses. I wrote something on the lines of that i cant remeber it completely
Guys I found it easy lmao - but the inorganic bit just wasn't it!

I think grade boundaries will be high but the examiners may be more lenient with marks OR grade boundaries will be low and examiners will mark as they normally do.

Let's get paper 2 out the way xoxo
Original post by Rahand2004
for Edexcel chemistry, was the advanced info very accurate or nah. my A2 exam is in 3 weeks. someone pls reply

we r talkin about aqa
Original post by Fred7202
I thought it went okay. What do you think will be an A for the paper?

I’m really not sure, normally it was like 62% but everyone seems to feel differently about how it went. I reckon I may have got a B and I answered all questions but not confidently on all. I’m gonna just accept the fact I’ll need to resit it next year because I need an A overall :/
Yeah I said something along those lines too, whether I worded it the right way for the mark scheme is another matter 🙄
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Mrbombasticdb
Guys I found it easy lmao - but the inorganic bit just wasn't it!

I think grade boundaries will be high but the examiners may be more lenient with marks OR grade boundaries will be low and examiners will mark as they normally do.

Let's get paper 2 out the way xoxo

The questions weren’t that bad but I think the advance info was misleading. Plus if you havn’t sat GCSE’s coz of covid wait til exam day and then tell me it was easy 😅 (I’m 24 and sat my last exams a while ago)
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Mallyally98
I’m really not sure, normally it was like 62% but everyone seems to feel differently about how it went. I reckon I may have got a B and I answered all questions but not confidently on all. I’m gonna just accept the fact I’ll need to resit it next year because I need an A overall :/

Do you mean 62% for an A? Are you sure- all I could find online was the AQA 2019 and 2021 boundaries: 119/160 in 2019 and 115/160 in 2021
Do you mean 62% for an A? Are you sure- all I could find online was the AQA 2019 and 2021 boundaries: 119/160 in 2019 and 115/160 in 2021

That’s what I googled but tbh my head is so fluffy rn idk what year it was or if it was As or A level. Normally it’s surprisingly low tbh but it all depends on the distribution of marks across all candidates.
This is the problem with predicting it tho, most sixth formers didn’t sit GCSE exams because of covid and without that experience the marks could be anything! I sat my GCSE’s in 2013 and my A-levels in 2015 and the jump between the 2 was not fun. So considering the lack of exam technique/experience and missing schooling i genuinely have no idea haha
(edited 1 year ago)
Does anyone know what happens if u write more than 3 improvements for the titration 6 marker. I wrote the 3 correct ones but I also wrote to use a white tile to see the indicator better, and to fill the jet space in the burette. Do they mark ur first 3 points or do u lose marks for writing extra

I don’t believe so don’t worry, pretty sure they won’t penalise you for that :smile:
Original post by Marr.sar
does anyone remember what option they put for the ionisation energies of Y and X on the multiple choice?

I think I’ve blocked it out 😅
Original post by Chloe?
It was actually quite easy. Definitely easier than some of the past papers I did for revision - the grade boundaries are going to be pretty high this year I reckon. I wasn't expecting inorganic to come up that much as well.

For the last question before the multiple-choice section (the one about how do you know if there's a mixture of halide ions), do you have to say that dilute ammonia dissolves AgCl and so if there's any white precipitate remaining (after the addition of dilute ammonia) the white precipitate must be either AgBr, AgI or both?

i found past papers wayy easier and today was hard
Original post by Marr.sar
Did any of u guys talk about rinsing the sides of the flask for the 6 marker I said that instead of the indicator and not sure if it will count ?

ahh i said that!!
but i wanted a 6 mark maths qs for titration and we got this :frown:
Original post by rnanucleotide
My school literally taught no inorganic we had to learn it ourselves it was so hard ffs

omgg samee, our teachers didnt teach it coz they said it wont come up
The questions weren’t that bad but I think the advance info was misleading. Plus if you havn’t sat GCSE’s coz of covid wait til exam day and then tell me it was easy 😅 (I’m 24 and sat my last exams a while ago)

Oh wow! So, you are 24 and doing A-levels? Thats cool :smile:
Original post by Miasmarome
omgg samee, our teachers didnt teach it coz they said it wont come up

Yup, I literally cruised through the paper then watched my A grade disappear when I got to the redox and inorganic questions :/

nah A is usually 70 %
also i read people saying grade boundaries will be high?
what makes u think that,
loads of people at my school found it hard coz of inroganic

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending