The Student Room Group

AS Chemistry Paper 1 2022

Scroll to see replies

and what did any of u get for test for ammonium sulfate, the 4 marker.
anyone confident with an asnwer?
Original post by Miasmarome
also i read people saying grade boundaries will be high?
what makes u think that,
loads of people at my school found it hard coz of inroganic

Because the physical section was quite easy and there were barely any calculations even though paper 1 normally has a lot of them
Original post by Kkton2345
Because the physical section was quite easy and there were barely any calculations even though paper 1 normally has a lot of them

oh right, but i feel like this year paper had much less mathsy stuff than previous papers.
which is sad, i was looking forward to maths.
omg i started the paper so happy coz qs were so repetetive of past qs, but then inorganic came...

what did u get for the krf2 shape?
Original post by Mrbombasticdb
Guys I found it easy lmao - but the inorganic bit just wasn't it!

I think grade boundaries will be high but the examiners may be more lenient with marks OR grade boundaries will be low and examiners will mark as they normally do.

Let's get paper 2 out the way xoxo

i think the 2nd option is more likely to be right, grade boundaries could be low, but examiners can be lenient, coz a wrong asnwer cant be right. its wrong
oh right, but i feel like this year paper had much less mathsy stuff than previous papers.
which is sad, i was looking forward to maths.
omg i started the paper so happy coz qs were so repetetive of past qs, but then inorganic came...

what did u get for the krf2 shape?

3 bonding pairs & 2 lone pairs idk the name
3 bonding pairs & 2 lone pairs idk the named

did u draw it linear ? or pyramidal
did u draw it linear ? or pyramidal

Linear
could someone lmk if the paper followed the advanced information and if AQA were decent with the questions. Got my A level paper on the 13th.
Original post by ceph042_
could someone lmk if the paper followed the advanced information and if AQA were decent with the questions. Got my A level paper on the 13th.

No they ****ed us over by putting in like 15 marks that weren’t in the advanced info for the last 2 questions
Does anyone know the answer for the question about the effect on pressure? Was it increasing or decreasing…
No they ****ed us over by putting in like 15 marks that weren’t in the advanced info for the last 2 questions

i kinda shoul've known, coz u know in previous exams, by reading examiner reports, its the little mark qs that differentiate more capable students, not really the long calculations. so redox was gonna be hard, shoul've guessed it
Does anyone know the answer for the question about the effect on pressure? Was it increasing or decreasing…

i said increasing, coz reactants had fewer moles than products.
what did u say
i kinda shoul've known, coz u know in previous exams, by reading examiner reports, its the little mark qs that differentiate more capable students, not really the long calculations. so redox was gonna be hard, shoul've guessed it

But this doesn’t even show students capabilities, I mean some of us would have revised this if it wasn’t for them releasing this *****y advanced info and giving the false impression that we didn’t need inorganic and redox
i said increasing, coz reactants had fewer moles than products.
what did u say

yh that’s what I thought too
But this doesn’t even show students capabilities, I mean some of us would have revised this if it wasn’t for them releasing this *****y advanced info and giving the false impression that we didn’t need inorganic and redox

yh i agree with the inorganic, they literally lied to us with like 10+marks of inorganic in there.
but what i meant was that by reading examiner report, redox usually is what many people get wrong anyway, despite being small amount of marks. so examiners tell teacherse to work more on redox. our teachers didnt..
yh i agree with the inorganic, they literally lied to us with like 10+marks of inorganic in there.
but what i meant was that by reading examiner report, redox usually is what many people get wrong anyway, despite being small amount of marks. so examiners tell teacherse to work more on redox. our teachers didnt..

I wonder if aqa will do anything to make amends for the fact that they basically lied to us on the advanced info about inorganic. I doubt it though
Original post by Mallyally98
The questions weren’t that bad but I think the advance info was misleading. Plus if you havn’t sat GCSE’s coz of covid wait til exam day and then tell me it was easy 😅 (I’m 24 and sat my last exams a while ago)

You are 24????
I wonder if aqa will do anything to make amends for the fact that they basically lied to us on the advanced info about inorganic. I doubt it though

highly doubt it, however if teachers complain, they might.
its not like teachers will.
but our teacher didnt teach inroganic, and many others wouldnt have either
so advance info to guide revision was a lie to teachers too, so they should do something
do any of u do maths edexcel?
if yes, u know advance info, is it given in terms of rank so highest mark qs will appear at the top
highly doubt it, however if teachers complain, they might.
its not like teachers will.
but our teacher didnt teach inroganic, and many others wouldnt have either
so advance info to guide revision was a lie to teachers too, so they should do something

looool we spent like 30 seconds on inorganic in total, I guess our teachers thought it wouldn’t come up

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending