The Student Room Group

Transferring to year 2 - Mechanical Engineering at Sheffield

I'm in a bit of an odd situation,
I am currently in my first year doing Mech Eng at Nottingham but I've been kind of disappointed with the way the course is taught (pre-recorded lectures still) and I am worried that it might be on a downwards trend?.
Sheffield has told me they will accept a transfer into year 2. They have really good facilities and they clearly spend a lot of money on Engineering, on top of this I would be eligible for a £1500 a year scholarship there.

Has anyone had a good/bad experience with transferring after year 1?
Or any general advice regarding transferring/ Mech Eng at Sheffield?
Heya sorry I don’t have any answers only a question, I am hoping to study mech eng next year and am still trying to decide between Nottingham and Warwick what has your experience been like at Nottingham and are there any other reasons other than the digital lectures that have made you decide to transfer?
Original post by Anonymous
Heya sorry I don’t have any answers only a question, I am hoping to study mech eng next year and am still trying to decide between Nottingham and Warwick what has your experience been like at Nottingham and are there any other reasons other than the digital lectures that have made you decide to transfer?

Mainly just the online lectures, but we've only had two labs total and a couple of the modules have been a little awkwardly run. I think most of it is due to oversubscribing the course last year though, so it could be better if you were starting next year and I definitely wouldn't want to discourage you. Nottingham is really lovely as a city and a campus, the people here are lovely too.
Reply 3
Hello, how hard was it to transfer to Sheffield?
Reply 4
Original post by maybemiro
Hello, how hard was it to transfer to Sheffield?
I’m not the OP but I did transfer into 2nd year mechanical engineering at Sheffield in 2021 and had no problems.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending