The Student Room Group

Need advice for Bachelor of Mechanical engineering

Hi
I got conditional offer from Bristol U, Manchester U and sheffield U for B of Mechanical Engineering. Please advise which one is better. Requirement of Manchester U is the highest.
Thanks in advance
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 1
How did you get an offer that quick? Are they not supposed to come out a few months after the deadline of 31st January?
Not really. I submitted my application end of nov, & heard back from 3 uni all within 2 weeks.
Some of my friends submitted before mid Oct & received offer in mid Nov.
Original post by Pathfinder2023
Hi
I got conditional offer from Bristol U, Manchester U and sheffield U for B of Mechanical Engineering. Please advise which one is better. Requirement of Manchester U is the highest.
Thanks in advance

Hiya,

I am Jivanthika, a second year comp sci student from the University of Sheffield. First of all, congratulations on your offer!! In terms of the mechanical engineering course itself at Sheffield, apart from knowing it is an incredibly popular course, you can find more information on the modules and the department itself here

https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/2024/mechanical-engineering-beng

In terms of the city, I quite like the aspect that the university is a city uni unlike a campus. It makes it easy to do a quick grocery run and you can hang out in a cafe or somewhere nearby in between lectures. In addition, it is not as fast paced as big cities so it makes it a lot easier to settle in without feeling too overwhelmed. In addition, Sheffield has a lower cost of living than the national average so that also a bonus when it comes to your finances.

Hope that helps and let me know if you have anymore questions,
Jivanthika :smile:
I would say Sheffield. They are well known for producing some of the best mechanical engineers

Quick Reply

Latest