The Student Room Group

Mechanical engineering Bristol, Bath, Sheffield

Hi I am struggling to choose the firm choice for mechanical engineering undergraduate course. I got the offer from Bath, Bristol and Sheffield as require A*AA.
Bristol has higher ranking in QS but Bath has higher ranking for mechanical engineering. Hope to hear the opinion of others
Hi,
I went for Bath as my firm for integrated mechanical and electrical, and almost put mechanical at Sheffield as my insurance. I didn't end up applying to Bristol for whatever reason, but I am looking forward to going to Bath. I obviously haven't attended the university itself yet but those are my thoughts thus far. Hope this helps :smile:
All 3 are excellent and when it comes to reputation and opportunities leaving university (especially for engineering), there is basically no difference.

Go to the best city and university for you.
Original post by jojomum1223
Hi I am struggling to choose the firm choice for mechanical engineering undergraduate course. I got the offer from Bath, Bristol and Sheffield as require A*AA.
Bristol has higher ranking in QS but Bath has higher ranking for mechanical engineering. Hope to hear the opinion of others

Hi,

Thanks so much for your question, these are a few key points of studying at the University of Bath:

Mechanical Engineering: The MechEng course is by far one of our most popular courses, due to its incredible ranking and fantastic teaching. This means that you will have lots of other people to meet on your course and make friends with!

City: One of the main benefits of Bath is the incredible city, which is extremely beautiful to live in with lots of things to see and do! It is a UNESCO World Heritage City with lots of historical artefacts as well as beautiful walks that look over the city of Bath.

Student Satisfaction: The University of Bath is currently ranked 1st in England for Student Satisfaction, which is due to the support and action of the university and staff 24/7. There are lots of bursaries, loans and scholarships for students as well as exciting wellbeing activities such as bouncy castles, petting zoos and much more ...

Sophia (2nd Year Student)
Reply 4
Original post by jojomum1223

What were your predicted grades when you applied for the courses?

Quick Reply

Latest