The Student Room Group

accounting and physics

Should I take physics, maths and accounting at Alevels?

I want to do physics because I enjoy it but I also want to do accounting
Sure, why not?
I'm not sure if I can get high grades for both of them because they are so different so that is what worries me and I'm not even sure if I want to become an accountant but I still want to take it just in case. I'm quite indecisive right now.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm not sure if I can get high grades for both of them because they are so different so that is what worries me and I'm not even sure if I want to become an accountant but I still want to take it just in case. I'm quite indecisive right now.

You don't need to do accounting at A-level to become an accountant. You don't even need to do an accounting degree to become an accountant (which itself doesn't require A-level Accounting anyway). In fact it's probably not even that helpful later since by the time you are doing a degree or working in an accounting grad scheme or apprenticeship, the content may well be out of date and is likely to be quite limited and quickly overtaken by your other studies/experience.

So really the only benefit is if you have a particular enjoyment/interest in the subject. Otherwise you could just as well do maths/physics/any other subject and still be just as able to go into accounting from any route into the profession, and you won't even be worse off when you get started in the profession (or a degree) either.
Reply 4
thank you so much for this, I will consider this when choosing my Alevels.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending